New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    just went to the cherry showroom last saturday. i was politely accommodated by their salesman-noel. he said that the QQ will be priced at 320k for the base model. the car isnt really that shabby...its quality is probably at par with the alto we saw earlier this year. but i guess that the alto engine would be better since orig japan DAW....they will have test driving available within the week i guess...impression of the car was not too bad...quality isnt too shabby but certainly isnt very good as compared to the koreans. cheap plastics everywhere. the good thing is that it has 4 power windows available already. i hope this is also available for the 800cc variant. overall,its not too bad...hindi naman mahal eh...but certainly isnt CHEAP. i feel that the price of the car should sit around 250k for the base model. like the alto,it certainly is a bit overprized. they also mentioned that they will eventually have a plant here in the RP,like some china bikes do. thats great since it means more jobs. cherry is a welcome addition. something to keep the competition going para mawala na monopoly ng car indistry by the big 3. something is definitely wrong hehehe.

i wont judge the car yet base on it's exteriors and plastics...but i certainly aint overly optimistic with it...ill just wait and see na lang...see if they can stand the test of time :D

i dont like the feel of the steering wheel though...gusto ko palitan. kakainis.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i call iseway this morning regarding the qq the guy on the phone confirmed me that the qq top of the line 1.1L m/t has roof rail and rear spoiler same as the pic posted and the price is 349T all powered (steering,windows,doors) with abs and ebd not mention about keyless entry...so far daw madami na nakapag pareserve but nothing had been release due to conduction sticker has to issue yet...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i saw nga pala a blue Alto in UP Diliman yesterday (drove there to eat isaw.....)

it's cute pala! doesn't look too budget-y from a distance. pero the Chery QQ 1.1L power-everything just undercuts the Alto by a tiny bit. Of course the quality is a question mark.

Here's a good comparo: make a Chery QQ 1.1L and a Suzuki Alto (same price) collide head-on at 40km/h each to simulate an 80km/h collision. And see which one gets out better.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    just went to the cherry showroom last saturday. i was politely accommodated by their salesman-noel. he said that the QQ will be priced at 320k for the base model. the car isnt really that shabby...its quality is probably at par with the alto we saw earlier this year. but i guess that the alto engine would be better since orig japan DAW....they will have test driving available within the week i guess...impression of the car was not too bad...quality isnt too shabby but certainly isnt very good as compared to the koreans. cheap plastics everywhere. the good thing is that it has 4 power windows available already. i hope this is also available for the 800cc variant. overall,its not too bad...hindi naman mahal eh...but certainly isnt CHEAP. i feel that the price of the car should sit around 250k for the base model. like the alto,it certainly is a bit overprized. they also mentioned that they will eventually have a plant here in the RP,like some china bikes do. thats great since it means more jobs. cherry is a welcome addition. something to keep the competition going para mawala na monopoly ng car indistry by the big 3. something is definitely wrong hehehe.

i wont judge the car yet base on it's exteriors and plastics...but i certainly aint overly optimistic with it...ill just wait and see na lang...see if they can stand the test of time :D

i dont like the feel of the steering wheel though...gusto ko palitan. kakainis.
    Sir, have you seen the black interior? Much better no?!

I went there last Saturday. I asked the agent for a test drive (me and my brother). Sana the base price will be at around 250K nalang... Some people said its being sold in China for less than 200K.

We are also eyeing for a 2nd Hand 2005 Hyundai Getz w/ 8K on the clock.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    OT, i see a couple of altos here...la dating talaga..IMO

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    [quote=pitbullz;865205]They also mentioned that they will eventually have a plant here in the RP,like some china bikes do. thats great since it means more jobs. cherry is a welcome addition. something to keep the competition going para mawala na monopoly ng car indistry by the big 3. something is definitely wrong hehehe./quote]

Actually oligopoly ng CAMPI (Japanese, Korean, American) members dito sa Pinas....Its a bit of good news na sana nga magtayo Chery-Iseway ng planta dito to bring down the costs further...sana din lang assembly of chery but parts and car production talaga....

OT ito, pero China is definitely challenging the economic power of her...."natural enemies" Korea and japan (chery,geely, shanghai motors, nanjing motors, lifan etc vs korean, japanese vehicles).......it seems nangiging battleground na Pinas sa Asia......

We should take advantage of this situation for our own benefit...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Oo nga haggang ngayon eh most of the Chery cars na dinala rito eh walang conduction stickers....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    i call iseway this morning regarding the qq the guy on the phone confirmed me that the qq top of the line 1.1L m/t has roof rail and rear spoiler same as the pic posted and the price is 349T all powered (steering,windows,doors) with abs and ebd not mention about keyless entry...so far daw madami na nakapag pareserve but nothing had been release due to conduction sticker has to issue yet...
    madami na pala nakapag-pareserve. thank God! siguro naman hindi na tataas ang mga srp ng mga future vehicles.

parang computer na, pamurahan kasi eto na made in china

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    so far daw madami na nakapag pareserve
    Yan naman sinasabi ng lahat ng mga ahente eh kahit saan dealership ka pumunta.

But the Cherey should provide good competition in the local market. But IMO, I'd shy away from this new player, maybe give them another 5-10 years to improve their quality.

OT... may dating din yung Alto but maybe because bago siya sa market kaya kakaiba tignan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tagarito View Post
    More pictures. Take a look at that Tiggo, (sounds like tigok!) It looks like a RAV4 any day. And the V5, that is one awesome beast. I forgot to take pictures of the V5 and QQ exterior. the V5 looks like a cross between a Grandis and an Innova, and the QQ is truly a Spark rip-off. Clutches are too light, and all key inserts have ring lamps, but as always, they were never test driven yet. Go see for yourselves. One warning: if you actually go there, check if they replaced the side signal lamps, the one on the front fenders, on the Cowin and the QQ. Some, well, most of them were either cracked or broken loose, the kind you see when a bike sideswipes a car.
    I've noticed cracked lights on a lot of Chinese vehicles (on the road)... seems medyo hard and brittle ang plastic covers ng lights nila. That's something to improve in the future.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Chery Cars Philippines (Iseway Motors)