New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa stocks, sarili mo ang matinding kalaban because of GREED...

discipline is important and so is patience

goodluck

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i agree...discipline is very important, lalo't talamak ung 'following the herd' mentality. baka matulad ka sa lemmings B)

*morrisey_05: yah, me effect din yan i guess. mining firms kasi dito in general baon lampas ulo sa utang, and alot of them will take a few years(at least) bago makamine, so in the red sila for the next few years.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    badkuk,

that's why there was a lot of hope for the sector when the SC lifted the restrictions on foreign ownership of mining companies. i bought some mining stocks and wanted to hold on for the long term, kasi the market didn't react well to the SC lifting because probably as you suggested, they have loads of bad debts.

on the bright side, a lot of foreign companies are expressing interests to get in. pero i think it will take some years before this can lead to a rise in the mining stocks.

btw, i got bored with the mining stocks and sold them na rin. had to take some losses there. hehehe

also, the Phisix hit a new high today. Congrats to those who got in at the right time! libre naman hehehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    any stock tips from anyone?

i heard banco de oro is on the move to acquire equitable-pci, any truth to this and if ever anong stocks ang magandang puntahan, banco de oro? sm investments? equitable?

also, since investments na rin naman ang pinaguusapan, anung banks ang maganda rates sa td ngayon? rcbc savings offers around 5.5% for 180 days...any better rates from other banks?

tia!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dude, done deal na ung BDO-EPCIB B) there's just weeding out the bad eggs sa EPCIB board...nice move to install Tessie Sy-Coson as director

they're expecting the great bank mergers of the 90's to repeat itself, so the big 3 or big 5 will be out looking to buy smaller but good banks(this is pure speculation on my part). imho i don't think mergers will be that rampant, as the economy and politics aren't exactly stable as before.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Ok ba Mag Invest sa Stock Market?