New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    serious question: what kind of employees do you end up hiring with those kinds of interview questions? are they good performers?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    On my first job in a small telecom company in Makati. One question raised by the supervisor during the interview.....

- "Umiinom ka ba?"
    - "Yes, Sir!"
    - "Ok 'to. Sige......you can start next week."

Ayun, kada suweldo, nainom kami sa Greenbelt (malapit sa church, Veranda ata name nung place)....
    oi, magka office mate yata tayo! pero kami sa jupiter.

yan din ang tanong sakin. tinatanong ko rin yan sa mga applicant namin. pag "occasional" ang sagot bagsak! (just kidding)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post

Ayun, kada suweldo, nainom kami sa Greenbelt (malapit sa church, Veranda ata name nung place)....
    SORRY, OT PO: Greenbelt church din ako nagsisimba habang hinihintay ko mga barkada ko...then sa cafe briton(?)>>>forgot the spelling na...>>>kami...kwentuhan lang tapos at a nearby cafe, dami ko na oobserve na somekinda middle class prostitution deals...
    minsan may pimp, minsan wala...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    instead of asking "how do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years", ask him about his career path.

this would be a tough question: What would be the reason he/she will not be accepted to the job.

OT.

I am always the applicant and I always ask how much my salary will be? Is this OK?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Naalala ko tuloy yung TV commercial ng Smart ata yun:

Interviewer: How do you rate yourself, more or less?

Applicant: (meekly) More??

On a more serious note, I've terminated interviews when applicants can't even give a cohesive answer to a hypothetical scenario.

For example: client owes 2 million to our firm; highly-leveraged na yung company niya (acid-test and current ratios are not ideal), and tumaas yung level of stock inventory niya despite the fact na hindi naman nagtaas ng delivery volume yung mga suppliers niya (indicating goods are slow-moving), nagpapa-hold na siya ng mga checks niya sa ibang suppliers, how would you react ASAP to safeguard the financial institution's interest?

Yung iba, tumutunganga na lang. Pinapa-repeat yung question, bopols naman yung sagot. Nakakairita!
    Last edited by Galactus; February 16th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    I am always the applicant and I always ask how much my salary will be? Is this OK?
    No it's not
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    These questions made me laugh!

These kinds of questions are non-directive, traditional questions. May seem simple, but watch out. Some of them may be loaded.

I've always used the Targeted Selection approach in my interviews. These are questions which are based on a range of competencies required for a position. The premise is that past behavior will predict future behavior so you are asked a set of questions based on situations you have encountered in the past. You describe the situation, the action you took, the result, and the learnings you gained from the situation.

But there is an emerging method which uses the traditional approach but looks for a different result. The questions are very traditional, e.g. strength and weaknesses, experience and ambition, etc. But there is no right and wrong answers and the interviewer is not interested in what your answer is but how you answer the question. By the movement of your eyes, your hands, your body, your month, etc. A trained interviewer using this method tell if you are spontaneous or analytical, if you are lying or credible, if you are deep or shallow, if you are reactive or strategic, etc. I've written several articles on interviews and interviewing. Many of these are found in Jobstreet.com.
    i think this would be the reason why i wasn't called back by toyota. iniwan kong blangko weakness ko.. though i do really have some, ayoko lang magindicate so not for them to make use of it against me
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    male applicants - if they have a boyfriend?? diba offending na yan..
    applicants dapat di maooffend. mas offending kasi pag pasok ka na sa company. halimbawa boss mo prangka magsalita pero gusto palang mag crack lang ng joke. mga tipong hindi marunong kumontrol at makaintindi masyado ng kapwa tao di tuloy nila alam na nakakasakit na rin sila magsalita. yet i end up always understanding na lang yung specific na taong yung. wala rin naman ako sa pwesto para gumanti and it would only worsen the scenario pa pagsinagot mga yun kainis
    Last edited by Burai; February 16th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    damn tsikot website problem! nadodouble post po ako ng di sinasadya..
    Last edited by Burai; February 16th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    I think you should, only when the interviewer started/initiated a discussion about the salary/benefits. This is applicable whether the interviewer is an HR personnel or not. But I'm also not sure though..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mas maganda yung interviews na parang nagkukuwentuhan lang kayo. Walang pressure. So far lahat ng dinaanan ko, ganun. And also, ok yung salary offers........
    Last edited by chua_riwap; February 17th, 2009 at 12:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Talking about salaries and benefits, the timing of when to ask them would depend on the situation. More or less, you should have an idea of how you are paid relative to the industry (low, median, or low), and how the company that approached you, or you are applying at, also pays relative to the industry.

For example, you are working in a small, family-owned organization that just pays at par with the industry, and your salary in that company is just average. And then you apply at a multinational pharmaceutical company which pays at the high end of the industry. You know right off that they would be able to pay higher than what you are earning now. So in this situation, don't ask about the salary or benefits. Wait for them to open the topic first.

On the other hand, if the situation were reversed, you come from a high-paying job in a multinational company and a small local company wants to lure you, then politely ask about the package first. Just cite a whole round figure and ask them about their budget. For example, you can say, "Right now, I am earning a million-peso package and I expect to get 25% higher if I move. Is that within your budget?" If they would really want to get you, sometimes they would meet it. But this is rarely done as it could also disrupt the internal equity in the company and cause demoralization.

So given a particular situation, it is better to lay out the cards up front so that you avoid the hassle of going through several interviews only to find out that they could not actually afford you.

Now, going back to interview questions, female applicants better watch out. There are a lot of vultures out there and the questions they ask may seem harmless but there may be other reasons for asking them.

A typical Q&A would go like this:

Do you have a boyfriend? (Actually checking kung available ka pa.)

How long have you been going steady? (Checking if you play around, or stay with a single partner.)

Tapos minsan gugulatin ka.

Are you a solo parent? (Trying to check your morals if pwede kang hatakin).

If you ask why they are asking such questons, of course, they would have valid reasons for doing so such as they would like to determine how dedicated you would be to your job, if any external relationship would affect your performance, if there are any children that may demand your time from work, etc.

Kaya ingat lang sa mga ganyan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
job interview questions