Hi,

We are a manufacturing and distribution company. We have our own fleet (yes, sadly, my father still subscribes to the concept of DO IT ALL for maximizing profitability, instead of outsourcing... ) of trucks that do deliveries and transfers from warehouse to warehouse.

In the past, we installed on our trucks (10W, bigger trucks that do warehouse to warehouse transfersof inventory) GPS/SMS trackers hoping to plug some operational issues... now it turns out that the guy I assigned to monitor everything isn't doing his job well, the GPS units are faulty (and apparently have been faulty for over a year now, without anybody raising even the slightest comment or alarm)... so we have to go back to scratch...

Any of you guys there can share basic fleet management tips? Very much concerned me now sa losses / gastos namin for fuel and repairs and maintenance. Masyadong nasanay sa mga galanteng ahente namin in the old days ang mga drivers namin kaya lahat ng justification inilalabas para lang matuloy ang mga "luho" nila (like extra provisions for their food, lodging, painom, huli huli sa mga checkpoints).. we have secured our fuel tanks in line with the installation of the GPS/SMS trackers.. but I still can't discount the possibility na kaya pa rin nila magpa ihi ng diesel...

Usually ba mga ilan km/liter ang consumption ng mga trucks?

Hope you guys can share some tips on fleet management.