New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Aren't all promotions supposed to be based on merit? (though a lot get promoted by kissing ass, that is another topic). We are talking relative to other industries. Of course there are exceptions, there are people that get promoted fast in a bank. I know a lot of bankers that have been stuck in officer level for more than 5 years and they are performers not slackers. The fact remains that the structure of banks are hierarchical in nature. Normal people take years and years to get promoted to upper management. Paano naman meron pang staff level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then officer level 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 then manager level 1, 2, 3 and on and and on and on...
    to add.... banks have jr. assistant manager ranks, which is equivalent to team leads, supervisors in other structures.
    in the IT industry, its senior analyst level....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aren't all promotions supposed to be based on merit? (though a lot get promoted by kissing ass, that is another topic). We are talking relative to other industries. Of course there are exceptions, there are people that get promoted fast in a bank. I know a lot of bankers that have been stuck in officer level for more than 5 years and they are performers not slackers. The fact remains that the structure of banks are hierarchical in nature. Normal people take years and years to get promoted to upper management. Paano naman meron pang staff level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then officer level 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 then manager level 1, 2, 3 and on and and on and on...
    to add.... banks have jr. assistant manager ranks, which is equivalent to team leads, supervisors in other structures.
    in the IT industry, its senior analyst level....

Quote Originally Posted by frostmourn View Post
    I used to work on a bank before. I just noticed that rank and files until manager post has many ranks. One of the major cause why they can't give big salary because of their population. They are too many.
    yes....
    difference of 300 pesos in salary, but with greater responsibilities and accountabilities.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Banks pay lowest among the industry (assuming the same rank, yrs of experience, specialization etc) FMCGs pay the highest AFAIK (this was discussed to us in college) FMCGs have product freebies pa hehe (a friend works in P&G) Another problem is if your course is generic (management), it will be hard to switch industries so choose well. In my experience IT people have the most "mobility" in switching industries.

Ultimately it still depends on how high up the ranks you go.

Bank benefits are not that good anymore. I have heard that some local banks pay only P40k for a manager. And how long does it take to be a manager? BDO does not even offer car loans to its employees.
    From my experience, kapag local bank, starting is as low as 15-20k. But I have a friend na MT (not even among the bigger banks), nasa 35-40 na yata starting niya. HSBC is the highest ata at 65k if you're an MT.

FMCGs are generally higher. Yung normal sales guys nila nasa 25-30k starting. Pag MT nasa 40-50k. Unilever is the highest among FMCGs, 60+ yung starting. P&G 48k lang.

Pagdating naman sa benefits, FMCG sales guys mga 750k ang budget for a car, so subcompact lang. Except P&G, Civic ang kotse nila. Not sure if pinipili nung ahente mismo tapos pang compact car ang budget or inaassign lang ng company na Civic talaga.

Med rep yung mga kawawa, usually hindi brand new tapos entry level subcompact (Vios J).

IT guys get paid high, but my reservation with an IT role in a non-tech company is that you're never really part of the core business of the company. Different people have different motivations though, personally I prefer a sales/marketing role.

Hindi na ba namimigay ng kotse ang BDO? Yung cousin ko she bought an Innova 4 years ago, entry level lang. Loan daw from BDO. Yung bank manager sa BDO malapt sa bahay namin, naka Fortuner naman.

TS, petroleum ayaw mo? Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Kung may skill ka lang mag negosyo ka nalang.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    What is an FMCG and MT?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    What is an FMCG and MT?
    Fast Moving Consumer goods

Management Trainee

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    What is an FMCG and MT?
    Fast-moving consumer goods and Mangt trainee. Telcos are hmcg btw, hyper-moving, mas mabilis daw sila ma-consume e.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Okie thanks sa info. Telco ako nagwowork.. Mabilis nga sa projects.. Time to market ang hinahabol. But rank, not so. Di ko lang sure sa mga sales team. IT kasi ako.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Given the TS age, i would recommend that he start being an employee then entrepreneurship after working for 3-4 years. I would prefer my kids to start out by working for other people then for the family business after a few years.

I agree that skill is indeed necessary to becoming a successful entrepreneur aside from funds of course hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Given the TS age, i would recommend that he start being an employee then entrepreneurship after working for 3-4 years. I would prefer my kids to start out by working for other people then for the family business after a few years.

I agree that skill is indeed necessary to becoming a successful entrepreneur aside from funds of course hehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    + 1 here as a business minded. pero take note mayron iilan dyan kontento na bilang employee as their generating income. ayaw mag take ng risk to engage in business lalo kung pamilyado na. i understand naman family 1st ang unang consideration nila sa career shift kaya kahit di na enjoy sa career ay okay na rin kahit papaano.
    engaging a business has two things considerations , make or break. it would change your lifetime if you successful made in business otherwise end up totally broke...
    TS, I assumed you're still bachelor. if yes my advice is choose your career where you're passionate/love it even the salary is not attractive. But here's the fun part, once you know the business tricks in the market and you have already the "guts" to set up your own business then go for it without hesitations. chances are you will become the next henry sy of your generation. Goodluck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    + 1 here as a business minded. pero take note mayron iilan dyan kontento na bilang employee as their generating income. ayaw mag take ng risk to engage in business lalo kung pamilyado na. i understand naman family 1st ang unang consideration nila sa career shift kaya kahit di na enjoy sa career ay okay na rin kahit papaano.
    engaging a business has two things considerations , make or break. it would change your lifetime if you successful made in business otherwise end up totally broke...
    TS, I assumed you're still bachelor. if yes my advice is choose your career where you're passionate/love it even the salary is not attractive. But here's the fun part, once you know the business tricks in the market and you have already the "guts" to set up your own business then go for it without hesitations. chances are you will become the next henry sy of your generation. Goodluck!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Think of it this way, your feet can carry you anywhere but you choose the direction based on a few factors, Familiarity of route, comfort of travel, benefits of scenic sites and speed of travel towards your destination. You have the choice to adapt or make do with whatever is out there or you can chart your own course towards your destination any which way you want as along as you know where you're going. My advise, get a good map, ask from those who have had the chance to improve their experience in their past travels and DECIDE to risk it so you get to see what is on the other side of your DREAMS. Oh, it will help if you show your natural abilities, pack sufficient knowledge of the field of your choice and condition yourself to be inspired. That's how I took a shot at my career/business. I enjoyed every bump and curve along the way, got to meet good people and realized I could've been stuck if I didn't go out and try. Go ahead, go out there and find out. :attack:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast