New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello Tsikoteers,

I'm currently on a dilemma, 6 weeks ago I resigned on my 1st job ) as a sales on automotive dealership near our place (I really love this job cause I love cars and also I like negotiating and meeting people but I resigned because the salary is not that much competitive ,maybe it is based in province compared to other industry in Manila and commission is quite low compared to other dealership. Within that moment of 6 weeks I spent it on looking for new job/career here in Manila, I've been through a lot interviews from various companies (almost 8 companies as far i remember I submitted a resume) and now after a couple of weeks from interviews and exam 4 out 8 replied that I'm now for pre-employment orientation/requirements. Now, I found a hard time choosing which should I go for....there's bank (sales position), manufacturing firm (sales position), automotive/service firm (fleet management), FMCG firm (sales position again). If you where on my shoes which industry will you prefer and why? Should I stick again where I started and where I'm comfortable at (in an automotive) should I try something new? I quite turn-on for the offer in the bank where I applied, its good...training, compensation, etc. on the FMCG and Manufacturing/Industrial firm also has also a good offer just like car plan, allowance, gadgets etc. That's why I found a hard time to decide. Hope you can give some enlightment suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    Hello Tsikoteers,

I'm currently on a dilemma, 6 weeks ago I resigned on my 1st job ) as a sales on automotive dealership near our place (I really love this job cause I love cars and also I like negotiating and meeting people but I resigned because the salary is not that much competitive ,maybe it is based in province compared to other industry in Manila and commission is quite low compared to other dealership. Within that moment of 6 weeks I spent it on looking for new job/career here in Manila, I've been through a lot interviews from various companies (almost 8 companies as far i remember I submitted a resume) and now after a couple of weeks from interviews and exam 4 out 8 replied that I'm now for pre-employment orientation/requirements. Now, I found a hard time choosing which should I go for....there's bank (sales position), manufacturing firm (sales position), automotive/service firm (fleet management), FMCG firm (sales position again). If you where on my shoes which industry will you prefer and why? Should I stick again where I started and where I'm comfortable at (in an automotive) should I try something new? I quite turn-on for the offer in the bank where I applied, its good...training, compensation, etc. on the FMCG and Manufacturing/Industrial firm also has also a good offer just like car plan, allowance, gadgets etc. That's why I found a hard time to decide. Hope you can give some enlightment suggestions.
    Congratulations on the four job offers.

For your second job, IMHO go where the money is, since compensation ang reason why you left your first job. Stay for a few years, then think long term and transfer to a company with good retirement packages na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my personal opinion, a career is something that you spent your time working something that you love doing. its not all about money. since you said you love cars, the fleet management would be the most appropriate choice.

money is a good thing, but sooner or later you will feel bored in doing it kung money lang ang motivating factor mo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

in my personal opinion, a career is something that you spent your time working something that you love doing. its not all about money. since you said you love cars, the fleet management would be the most appropriate choice.

money is a good thing, but sooner or later you will feel bored in doing it kung money lang ang motivating factor mo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pag ako kasi, since i'm starting out, i'd go for the job where i can learn more. The perks will come once you've gained training and experience.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bata ka pa naman yata.. go for the more stable company.. where you can grow..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yung bank ba local bank?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Fmcg or the bank without question. The career paths there are long and the paths that you can take are many. Lots to learn in those big organizations. Lots to earn too. And you are much more pirateable ..... even across industries

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    Congratulations on the four job offers.

For your second job, IMHO go where the money is, since compensation ang reason why you left your first job. Stay for a few years, then think long term and transfer to a company with good retirement packages na.
    Tama ito, satisfy first the reason why you left your previous to begin with. The rest can be learned as you go along. For all we know, you can be a good president of this country in the future, huwag ka lang corrupt.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Fmcg or the bank without question. The career paths there are long and the paths that you can take are many. Lots to learn in those big organizations. Lots to earn too. And you are much more pirateable ..... even across industries
    +100

These two sales positions can take you places and give the best incentives and perks. Just make sure they are reputable/stable companies.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    +100

These two sales positions can take you places and give the best incentives and perks. Just make sure they are reputable/stable companies.
    Choose something wherein you can have both, loving what your doing and earning good from it as well, but do consider the long term, I agree money is not always a good motivation, I once joined a huge company with good benefits and salary package, I ended up doing routine copy paste scripts, after a year I found myself really bored and learned nothing, I decided to quit it and go for an australian software consulting, now though there's a lot work but so much to learn as well. In the end it boils down to what you love doing. Pero bata ka pa naman yata enjoy lang, keep your direction toward you long term goal no matter what step you take.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    +100

Choose something wherein you can have both, loving what your doing and earning good from it as well, but do consider the long term, I agree money is not always a good motivation, I once joined a huge company with good benefits and salary package, I ended up doing routine copy paste scripts, after a year I found myself really bored and learned nothing, I decided to quit it and go for an australian software consulting, now though there's a lot work but so much to learn as well. In the end it boils down to what you love doing. Pero bata ka pa naman yata enjoy lang, keep your direction toward you long term goal no matter what step you take.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast