New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas88 View Post
    true... any good ones here in the phils? that is reasonably priced?
    CTEK is a huge name among smart car chargers. Blade auto center carries it. They also sell Sparco smart car charger. That's the one I bought at 2,500 pesos. It only has 1.2 amps so "slow and low" charging ito. You can leave it overnight and you don't need to detach your car battery. Safe on the car's onboard electronics since it has 1.2 amps only.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    I suggest na instead of voltmeter yung elm327 na obd2 scanner na lang. for less than 500 sa lazada ma xender discord omegles madaming has info na nakukuha. May ganon ako dati sa jazz kaso binigay ko kay mel casaba.
    I suggest you get The 3-in-1 variety (voltmeter, thermometer, & usb charger). It's pretty handy to have in your cabin

3. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by pilaty View Post
    I suggest you get The 3-in-1 variety (voltmeter, thermometer, & usb charger). It's pretty handy to have in your cabin
    do you have a link on what are you using? thanks?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by unm0ded View Post
    do you have a link on what are you using? thanks?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk
    hanap ka kapareho nito sa shopee or lazada
    ok ito kasi qc 3.0 na (if android user ka)screenshot_2021-08-19-11-08-27-354_com.shopee.ph.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Kapag battery,- theoretically,- unlimited power....

Ang rating ng battery refers to capacity - measured in Ampere-Hours.... So, a 40 A-Hr battery can theoretically deliver, limited by its material/physical construction: 1A for 40 hours or 20A in 2 hours, etc

And during its normal operation,- it is the alternator which is delivering the power, regulated/supported by the battery

Bro- I do not see a need for a backup... It's like having a backup gasoline tank,- when the OEM is more than enough...

Afraid of not being able to start a vehicle? Jumper cables or replace the battery when its warranty period expires for peace of mind...

correct sir.. and many batteries like the philippine national battery (moto) will display "12 volts" but will not have enough juice to drive the starter motor..

ilang beses na din kami nadale nyan.. umuwe ng haus good cranking power pa.. next morning wala na..

pwede din bumili ng battery tester.. yung electronic type.. based on my experience, na detect nya kung nasa end stage na yung battery..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    CTEK is a huge name among smart car chargers. Blade auto center carries it. They also sell Sparco smart car charger. That's the one I bought at 2,500 pesos. It only has 1.2 amps so "slow and low" charging ito. You can leave it overnight and you don't need to detach your car battery. Safe on the car's onboard electronics since it has 1.2 amps only.
    yan sparco nga.. maganda din yung charger nila.. kaso masyado mababa for me yung 1.2 amps.. kaya nag settle ako sa ctek at 5 amps..

meron din yung NOCO genius or Bosch C7.. for me mas maganda yung medyo mataas na amps.. para kung sa umaga eh medyo kinapos ng power, pwede ka mag charge saglit para maka start.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I have that Bosch C7. 7 amps sya. Nginuya ng dog yung wiring, thankfully only the insulation was damaged and still working after I patched up the insulation. Big help in maintaining our car batteries since I hardly use our cars now.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    correct sir.. and many batteries like the philippine national battery (moto) will display "12 volts" but will not have enough juice to drive the starter motor..

ilang beses na din kami nadale nyan.. umuwe ng haus good cranking power pa.. next morning wala na..

pwede din bumili ng battery tester.. yung electronic type.. based on my experience, na detect nya kung nasa end stage na yung battery..
    in-ability to start the engine due to dying battery, can and usually occurs overnight.
    "battery looks strong when garage-ing the car that night... can't start the car the next morning."

i have a basic battery charger (local panther, 5 amp capacity lang).
    when the battery is too weak to start the engine, i just charge it for 15 to 30 minutes, just so's i can start the car.
    then my next destination is the battery store.
    buti na lang, the store is conveniently nearby.

i am also master of push-start, if the car is MT.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I keep a number of the nearest battery store, they usually deliver and install naman sat your house. A lot cheaper than those 24/7 delivery service.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    some batteries usually shows signs eh... like sa 2 past amaron ko.. but with motolite wala sign.. malakas nung umaga.. kinabukasan totally dead na.. tik tik tik na starter..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast