New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hey guys.. im currently shopping for a new car alarm... brought it down to my last two choices... clifford a3 and the mannix system...

both costs the same so its no issue... clifford is US made.. mannix is korean/taiwan i think... the only thing i like about the mannix is the remote start... but it's reliability hasnt been tested yet... the clifford definitely will last a long time since my previous alarm system was a clifford intellivoice

so what do u guys think? thanks peeps...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    clifford is the benchmark when it comes to car alarm, the problem with remote start kailangan ok battery mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Clifford is definitely the tested one.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    how much cliford n mannix?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mannix also has a turbo timer function and I think it lets you know which zones were violated while you were away. Afrasay has one installed in his Patrol. Ang ayoko lang sa kanya is the bulky transmitter that comes with the system.

Just keep in mind that half of the alarm equation lies with the installer. Kahit gaano kaganda or kamahal ang system mo, the quality of the install with still be a large factor as to whether the system will actually work in protecting your vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

im using an old model clifford alarm (forgot the model, it has the 4 buttons, 1 for silent open/close, 1 for with sound, 1 for headlight on, one for horn). Its been more than 5 years na sa car, ok pa sya. medyo mahina na nga lang yung activation distance nya. Pero matibay and dependable. kaya i side with clifford.

how much yung pinagpipilian mo? pwede ba remote start sa manual tranny?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ang remote start sa manual tranny. Pero sa States, it is prohibited by law.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede sa manual tranny basta pag nakapark ka make sure na nasa neutral gear ka palagi.

May murang clifford na bago ngayon yung Clifford matirx series.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    the auto start feature are for matic only.
    though will also work for manuals, but not recommended.
    my 2¢.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Question lang...

Bakit bawal sa US ang autostart sa manual tranny and why isnt it recommended ? Sorry if this is a stupid question, pero hindi ko maisip kung bakit :-) Maybe its because my brain is still in first gear during Monday mornings.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
Car Alarm Showdown