New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Go with the Clifford!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MANNIX is made in the Philippines. EPZA Rosario, Cavite.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by hagiber
    Question lang...

Bakit bawal sa US ang autostart sa manual tranny and why isnt it recommended ? Sorry if this is a stupid question, pero hindi ko maisip kung bakit :-) Maybe its because my brain is still in first gear during Monday mornings.
    maybe because the driver myt forget to set the transmission to neutral position..
    baka may masamang mangyari like a kid is infront of the vehicle..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    meron daw sensor or something sa mga manual tranny so d autostart doesnt work if you're in gear.
    Mannix is made in the philippines??? sabi sa akin when i inquired before korea daw. around 7k yata if i remember correctly.
    how much is the a3?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by hagiber
    Question lang...

Bakit bawal sa US ang autostart sa manual tranny and why isnt it recommended ? Sorry if this is a stupid question, pero hindi ko maisip kung bakit :-) Maybe its because my brain is still in first gear during Monday mornings.
    Bawal ito due to product liability reasons. Baka habulin sila if ever the vehicle was left in gear and the remote start caused a mishap.

This is also the reason why USDM vehicles will not start unless the clutch is fully depressed (may interlock).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why it is prohibited to have an auto-start for Manual tranny:

1. Liability gaya ng sinabi ni OTEP.

doable kung mag sign ka ng consent form na you wanted a remote start capability, operator's liability na at hindi MANUFACTURER and or INSTALLER's Liability.

Baka mag-start kapag naka GEAR:

1. Depende sa installer, kung ma detect ng alarm system na nasa gear ang tranny, pwedeng i-program na wag mag start.

(DEI alarm systems aka Clifford, Viper, etc. are capable of this. Again, depende sa installer.) Kapag may RESPONDER na feature, most likely Directed Electronics Inc. ang may gawa. Iba iba lang ang marketing names.

I'm using the Clifford Matrix RS 3 (dubbed as the Mother of all Remotes by TIME Magazine).

So, go with Clifford/Viper with RESPONDER feature.

hagiber, manual tranny ko, pero uto-start feature is installed and functioning. I'm not usually on GEAR kapag patay ang makina. Only on downhill and or uphill. then, my car wont start if it's on GEAR.

clifford is the benchmark when it comes to car alarm, the problem with remote start kailangan ok battery mo.
    no offense but, meron bang car owner dito na hindi okay ang battery? If so, then that owner should invest first and foremost on a battery before investing for an alarm system. And cno naman ang owner na nag dra-drayb dito na hindi okay ang battery? Ang battery lang na madaling maubos eh yung sa remote ng alarm.
    Last edited by Karding; July 15th, 2003 at 01:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's my own (and some other members) review on Clifford Matrix RS3 :cool:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ops, nalimutan ko ilagay ang link ng review ko, hahaha. eto na ulit...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...light=clifford

How not to auto-start when in GEAR:
    Tell the installer to wire the neutral safety switch in with a hoodpin. That makes it totally safe...if the car is in gear, the car won't start.

My dealer didn't want to do it at first either (insurance concerns); but once I showed him the info from the ultimate install thread here at NASIOC he felt secure in doing it.
    you should also test the neutral safety switch once in a while. it's possible that the transmission's neutral position switch may go bad and not send a proper ground signal out when the vehicle is in gear and allow your vehicle to remote start in gear!

it's easy, sit in your vehicle while it's off and have your foot over the brake pedal. shift the vehicle in gear and try to remote start. if the neutral safety switch is working then the vehicle should not remote start.

also, i typically wire up the vehicle's parking brake wire to the neutral safety input of the viper alarm as well. obviously, you shouldn't rely on this wire to safely remote start a manual transmission vehicle.

netZ
    yeah I'm always worried about the auto start on a manual tranny but i'm going to get mine installed so that when it's in gear, the unit is grounded and the car won't start. Any gear, not just first. Should work pretty well. Also this is just a safety feature, I don't usually park my car with it in gear to begin with. I've developed a habit of keeping it in neutral. If you're getting the Viper Responder, it's worth it to get the auto start because it comes with the relays and all the necessary parts already. Just a matter of wiring...

Ano bang mga brand ng alarm with auto start ang available dito sa pinas, and magkakano kaya? better sana kung may responder since i drive a m/t car. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phillipogi, yun yatang isang choice ng original post eh Mannix, Made in Taiwan, pwede ding may remote start. Na mislead ko yata kayo, kahit walang RESPONDER (DEI Trademark) feature ang alarm, pwedeng remote start. Meron din kseng module lang na remote start. Maraming alarm system na capable ng remote start, pero nagkakatalo na lang sa QUALITY.

yung Matrix RS3, $450.00 but I know someone who directly deals with DEI and got it from him for $256.00 with FedEx overnight shipping (Continental US lang ha)

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Car Alarm Showdown