New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Cath, in general, air horns with compressors are the loudest types of horns you can get. However, they are expensive and complicated, and I'd much rather suggest you go with several pairs of conventional horns in order to make a statement on the road.

Personally, I have 2 pairs of Bosch EC6 horns because I like the "pot-pot" sound. This is loud enough to startle unruly pedestrians (tried and tested on a daily basis) and consistent enough to be blasted for 30 seconds straight on annoying motorists without "paos".

An equally common alternative would be 2 pairs of Bosch Europa horns, for the "bing bing" sound. I think 2 pairs of Europas are marginally louder than EC6's, but are also much more expensive (2.5k for a pair vs. 900 for the EC6). I'd get them for a change, in case I buy a second car or my Ranger's EC6's conk out.

95% of the time, these horns (or other loud equivalents such as Stebels) would be sufficient and you'd be louder than the majority of the traffic. Yesterday though, I felt so dwarfed when I was honking at a bus, then a 2014 F-150 with air horns started honking too and completely drowned out my pot-pot.

Also, I think you should reconsider your stance on not changing your car's horns. It's one of the simplest and cheapest mods you can do that is almost entirely fool-proof, and doesn't affect the rest of your warranty.

...for the pesteng motorcycles and jeepneys on the road, i installed two sets each on my montero and xtrail; a mitsuba and bosch europa and stebel and bosch rspectively...the ones on the xtrail are all airhorns and yes, namamaos pag nakababad ka...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thanks. Mukhang eto na lang i DIY ko. EC6, EC9, and Denso Power Tone ang i audition ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also check out the mounting location of your horns. Even 1 set of potpot horns is loud enough if located right behind the grille. 2 sets for insurance. Hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    air horn ng pang truck at bus. nilagay ko sa urvan talagang napapatabi hindi lang motor pati jeep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlF9KckLs_o

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    may na dinig na akong busina daw ng train yung ikinabit sa rva 4 na 3 door, ang lakas, napa talon nga yung mga dumadaan ng i demonstrait sa akin. parang 35k yata ang price. actually, kaibigan ng kaibigan ko yung gumawa. taga paranaque daw yun.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gygie View Post
    may na dinig na akong busina daw ng train yung ikinabit sa rva 4 na 3 door, ang lakas, napa talon nga yung mga dumadaan ng i demonstrait sa akin. parang 35k yata ang price. actually, kaibigan ng kaibigan ko yung gumawa. taga paranaque daw yun.
    that is probably DJQuan of Kotseaudioclub. It's a gen2 rav4. it is so powerful, it requires it's own battery. matagal pa ang recharge time.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybone1k View Post
    Mitsuba was my first option sana upon replacing my car stock horn "meep meep". Pero the store told me that na wala na raw Mitsuba na orig instead mga copy nalang daw. Unless if you buy them as 2nd hand online like sulit.

I ended up buying 2 pairs of Bosch EC6 (since wala rin sila EC9). Very satisfied naman parang Mitsuba na rin.

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    Sobrang late na ng reply, but anyways you can find a complete line of genuine high end Mitsuba horn sa 20th Century a/s sa Valenzuela, Pasig Isuzu a/s sa Pasig, Davao Partsman a/s sa Davao, Michiba Marketing sa Cagayan de Oro, TSP Auto Supply sa Navotas, Midline Enterprises sa Bacolod, Janus Mktg sa Dipolog. Konti lang nagdadala ng Mitsuba genuine horn since the prices are very expensive and it is only being catered to high end A and B class of consumers since the products are higher end compared to Stebel, FIAMM, Bosch and etc... which caters to the MID range market. Prices of Mitsuba ranges from 2k++ up to a whopping 15k++, those people who buy this level of horns don't care about how much they spend on a product which is on the top of the pyramid.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I just recently bought from one of the shops. The shop offered me free installation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170209_110922.jpg  

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    I just recently bought from one of the shops. The shop offered me free installation.
    i used to have a wolo big bad max, it was loud but not irritating, it sounded like a RORO horn, big, bassy and ballsy after the novelty faded i sold it, i came to realize that a trumpet sound is more ear piercing and annoying..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    How much for this mitsuba model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast