New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by striker2413 View Post
    magsisibak ng pasaway sa daan..

related questions:

1. hindi ba magiging issue sa yearly registration sa LTO pag nagpalit ka ng startling/very loud na busina?
    2. sa mga air driven horn system, kaya ba niyo ang continuous operation for atleast 10 seconds?
    1. Di naman nila tintignan yan kahit na dapat tinitignan yan as part ng vehicle inspection
    2. May air horn ako, Stebel GP-2. Parang nagawa ko na itong ibabad ng 10 seconds dati. Kaso ayaw ko na, mas malakas pa ata ang Hella Supertone ko. Plus love ko ang bing bing sound

Cathy, kung ako ah, personal opinion ko, Mitsuba Dolce II, mga 3 sets :naughty2:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Cath, in general, air horns with compressors are the loudest types of horns you can get. However, they are expensive and complicated, and I'd much rather suggest you go with several pairs of conventional horns in order to make a statement on the road.

Personally, I have 2 pairs of Bosch EC6 horns because I like the "pot-pot" sound. This is loud enough to startle unruly pedestrians (tried and tested on a daily basis) and consistent enough to be blasted for 30 seconds straight on annoying motorists without "paos".

An equally common alternative would be 2 pairs of Bosch Europa horns, for the "bing bing" sound. I think 2 pairs of Europas are marginally louder than EC6's, but are also much more expensive (2.5k for a pair vs. 900 for the EC6). I'd get them for a change, in case I buy a second car or my Ranger's EC6's conk out.

95% of the time, these horns (or other loud equivalents such as Stebels) would be sufficient and you'd be louder than the majority of the traffic. Yesterday though, I felt so dwarfed when I was honking at a bus, then a 2014 F-150 with air horns started honking too and completely drowned out my pot-pot.

Also, I think you should reconsider your stance on not changing your car's horns. It's one of the simplest and cheapest mods you can do that is almost entirely fool-proof, and doesn't affect the rest of your warranty.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    May nabibili lang ng horn lang? GUsto ko sana palitan yung isa kong horn na mas high pitch sound yung isang horn. Parehas kasing low pitch yung 2 horns. Parang wala masyado gulat factor e

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with a double set of FIAMMS or Bosch as well. Best in the budget and practicality factor if you ask me.

The Bosch Europas (silver or black) are nice but i don't find them as durable per my experience with these and they cost quite a bit already (we started using Europas in the early 90s).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Personally, I have 2 pairs of Bosch EC6 horns because I like the "pot-pot" sound. This is loud enough to startle unruly pedestrians (tried and tested on a daily basis) and consistent enough to be blasted for 30 seconds straight on annoying motorists without "paos".

An equally common alternative would be 2 pairs of Bosch Europa horns, for the "bing bing" sound. I think 2 pairs of Europas are marginally louder than EC6's, but are also much more expensive (2.5k for a pair vs. 900 for the EC6). I'd get them for a change, in case I buy a second car or my Ranger's EC6's conk out.
    Chief, may audio/video sample ka ng two pairs of EC6? Meron kasi sa ACE Hardware dito almost 700 lang for a pair, may relay na bang kasama yun? Ako na lang magkabit, destroy it yourself

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so the BIG RIG and BEHEMOTH brands are not that popular here? It sounds so bad kasi :naughty2:

eto pa :rofl: check out 2:00 tumalsik yung guy :bwahaha:

for those who actually heard these horns, it is the same as a train horn talaga?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kDORB3vR8s]THE BEST OF TRAIN HORN PRANKS #2 - YouTube[/ame]

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Stebel Nautilus for me. 5 yrs and going strong. Twin horn in 1 compact frame, easy to install, faultless..

For the baddest horn, a firetruck shop in gandara is selling Federals and some really badass horns. Had it not been for the restricted space and troubles of installing a compressor tank, i could have installed one in my truck..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Ask lang po, anung horn na may tunog na maangas? Ung hnd prng sa jeep a.. Ung mapipikon tlga ung tao kapag pault ult mong pinapatunog?

Thank you sa nga magrerep..

Balak ko sana magpalit dhl ung tunog ng innova namen prng tweety bird..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How about Mitsuba? Is it good din? What does MB use as stock horn? I like it din kasi.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Stebel Nautilus for me. 5 yrs and going strong. Twin horn in 1 compact frame, easy to install, faultless..

For the baddest horn, a firetruck shop in gandara is selling Federals and some really badass horns. Had it not been for the restricted space and troubles of installing a compressor tank, i could have installed one in my truck..
    sir saan po banda ito?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast