New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    kung kukunin nyo ser yung reversing camera...mas advise ko na piliin mo display unit
    nya eh yung sa REAR VIEW Mirror....kasi weird (and mas delikado) if u solely rely on
    displayed image thru H.U....

and you get both physical rear view reflection and thru the camera...though di ko nga lang
    sure merong ganun for Honda City....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    kung kukunin nyo ser yung reversing camera...mas advise ko na piliin mo display unit
    nya eh yung sa REAR VIEW Mirror....kasi weird (and mas delikado) if u solely rely on
    displayed image thru H.U....

and you get both physical rear view reflection and thru the camera...though di ko nga lang
    sure merong ganun for Honda City....
    Wala eh. Sa HU lang mayroon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Had both. Though standard na sa unit yung back sensor. So I only installed the camera. If budget permits, go for it! Very useful lalo na sa parking na masisikip/kabilaan. May parking na bawal mag-backing.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    both din sakin. actually hindi ko inaasahan ang camera. mas inaasahan ko ang sensor. pero mamaya may maglakad na bata sa likod, hindi mo makikita. so yun ang maganda dun. pero kung sa van tapos may salamin sa likod. no need for camera

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Both dapat.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    just dont rely too much with technology, be aware of the limitation of whatever backing sensor you get to choose. ultrasonic transducers require a flat plane facing it like a wall in order to be effective (detecting a pole is its common failure or a gutter below the bumper) while a cameras field of view may be limited as well as lack of proper lighting with a busted reversing lamp will hamper its effectiveness

if you are fond of parking in a reverse manner, scan the parking slot with your own eyes & be wary of potential obstructions. as you make your approach use the mirrors (rear view/side mirror) as guide. when you get close use the technology attached to your vehicle. to make sure, LOOK BACK anyway because direct view gives you a more accurate view of the position of your rear bumper or mudguard relative to any obstructions from behind
    Last edited by kisshmet; February 11th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Is there a difference if it's a bumper camera or the ones that point downward like those installed on top of the license plate? I think you could see the distance of an object from the bumper better using a downward directed camera. I'm about to get one tomorrow, the installer suggested the bumper type camera

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi guys, i posted a similar subject but haven't got any reply yet so i tried to search a topic here and was directed to this thread. If you dont mind, i also wanted to avail a camera for the new fortuner 2013. It is a standard accessory for the 4x4. Though you can have it installed also in casa but the cost is too expensive. I heard from several guys that it is a lot cheaper outside of the casa but couldnt get a specific name or location as well as a contact number. If in case you know a shop that has these cameras, please share it here for us to benefit also the lower cost. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by boyski04; February 17th, 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    * Lapella, where did you bought your camera? If it's not in the casa, please share to us the contact number, name of the shop and address because i also planned to install it to my Fortuner 2013. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can get both, much better. If not...

- for the City, i'd say back up sensors would give good coverage. It's a subcompact with a short back. Your rear view and side mirrors should be able to give you a good view already.

- for the Fortuner, IIRC autobisyo has backup cameras for the fortuner. Look autobisyo/jlmedes up. For this i wud prefer a backup camera because it's a bigger and longer ride with more blindspots, esp at the back. I'm not fond of a rear underview mirror for a midsize suv.

I like the comment about not merely relying on technology. It does help a lot but it also is a judgment call at times. Don't be lazy and also go down and have a look around if the situation allows you safely to do so.
    o the T

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast