New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Since may existing thread na, dito ko na lang i-post. Baka matabunan nga lang

My Toyota stock head unit's GPS maps is not being updated anymore and I really don't like its interface.

Admittedly, I don't use the head unit's GPS as I prefer Waze, but I have free time, and I like free & opensource software... (the GPS software isn't opensource, but the maps are)

This guide is designed for head units with Windows CE OS. It should work with the first generations of the Innova, Hilux, and Fortuner. I believe the Wigo has the same head unit. You may need to disassemble your front panel and physically inspect the head unit for stickers that it has Windows CE, mine has one the says "Windows CE Embedded 6.0"

1. Remove the SD card from the head unit, insert it into your PC, and backup all of its contents
    2. Reformat the SD card
    3. Analyze the folder hiearchy of the SD card's backup. There should be a folder named "Navigation". Under it is "Navigation.exe". This is the one initiated by the "Navi" button on your head unit. This may vary on other head units.
    4. Create a folder named "Navigation" on your SD card.
    5. Download mapFactor for Windows and install: Navigator Free | mapFactor, s.r.o.
    6. Click the "Use Free Key" button
    7. Click "Install Application, then click "Install Pocket Navigator"
    8. Click "Windows CE device". Click "Install to a memory card"
    9. Navigate to your SD card > Navigation. Click Next. It will copy all mapFactor files into the SD card. When done, click OK
    10. The program will prompt that you need to install map data, click Yes
    11. Click "Install Map Data", then click "Install maps to a memory card"
    12. Navigate to the SD card > Navigation. Click Next.
    13. Click the "Free regions" tab, then check "Philippines OSM" under "Asia". Click Next
    14. Check "English (US)" under "Voice languages". Click Next. It will download what maps and languages you have selected. When done, click OK
    15. Navigate to your SD card's folder > Navigation. Create a copy of "navigator.exe" and name it "Navigation.exe". You can do this with other head units, you can see where this is going...
    16. Remove the SD card and insert it into your vehicle's head unit.
    17. Configure the software on your head unit via the Menu > Settings button

I just zoomed out as I don't really want to reveal my location, but streets are visible

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Since may existing thread na, dito ko na lang i-post. Baka matabunan nga lang

My Toyota stock head unit's GPS maps is not being updated anymore and I really don't like its interface.

Admittedly, I don't use the head unit's GPS as I prefer Waze, but I have free time, and I like free & opensource software... (the GPS software isn't opensource, but the maps are)

This guide is designed for head units with Windows CE OS. It should work with the first generations of the Innova, Hilux, and Fortuner. I believe the Wigo has the same head unit. You may need to disassemble your front panel and physically inspect the head unit for stickers that it has Windows CE, mine has one the says "Windows CE Embedded 6.0"

1. Remove the SD card from the head unit, insert it into your PC, and backup all of its contents
    2. Reformat the SD card
    3. Analyze the folder hiearchy of the SD card's backup. There should be a folder named "Navigation". Under it is "Navigation.exe". This is the one initiated by the "Navi" button on your head unit. This may vary on other head units.
    4. Create a folder named "Navigation" on your SD card.
    5. Download mapFactor for Windows and install: Navigator Free | mapFactor, s.r.o.
    6. Click the "Use Free Key" button
    7. Click "Install Application, then click "Install Pocket Navigator"
    8. Click "Windows CE device". Click "Install to a memory card"
    9. Navigate to your SD card > Navigation. Click Next. It will copy all mapFactor files into the SD card. When done, click OK
    10. The program will prompt that you need to install map data, click Yes
    11. Click "Install Map Data", then click "Install maps to a memory card"
    12. Navigate to the SD card > Navigation. Click Next.
    13. Click the "Free regions" tab, then check "Philippines OSM" under "Asia". Click Next
    14. Check "English (US)" under "Voice languages". Click Next. It will download what maps and languages you have selected. When done, click OK
    15. Navigate to your SD card's folder > Navigation. Create a copy of "navigator.exe" and name it "Navigation.exe". You can do this with other head units, you can see where this is going...
    16. Remove the SD card and insert it into your vehicle's head unit.
    17. Configure the software on your head unit via the Menu > Settings button

I just zoomed out as I don't really want to reveal my location, but streets are visible

This worked like a charm. Verified that you don't need to use the AVT / Casa SD card
    Installed on my Suzuki HU.
    Added steps I did,

- after inserting the SD, the navi asked for product key. I tried to enter the "free code" but it won't accept..
    I just clicked cancel. Repeat the process, cancel again. Repeat the process. Cancel. Then after few tries, the map is now visible. Weird?
    - GPS port needs to be configured. I used, GPScomm driver and experimented on the bauds.

Finicky, yes. But sure is better to have a backup in case you are in the mountains.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    sent you a pm sir.
    Sir pahingi din po ng number ni sir louie

4. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    This worked like a charm. Verified that you don't need to use the AVT / Casa SD card
    Added steps I did,

- after inserting the SD, the navi asked for product key. I tried to enter the "free code" but it won't accept..
    I just clicked cancel. Repeat the process, cancel again. Repeat the process. Cancel. Then after few tries, the map is now visible. Weird?
    - GPS port needs to be configured. I used, GPScomm driver and experimented on the bauds.

Finicky, yes. But sure is better to have a backup in case you are in the mountains.
    after installing the new update try to keep on using your GPS, as it will take about half a day to reconfigure itself with the roaming sats.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mint85 View Post
    after installing the new update try to keep on using your GPS, as it will take about half a day to reconfigure itself with the roaming sats.
    Havent installed the new update since i tried it.
    But yes, for a few days, i need to keep on setting my location just so it would default to the general area i am.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinn13 View Post
    sir, pa pm naman po price and details for Avanza 2016? gps antenna and sd card. TIA

Same here looking also..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Added steps I did,

sir may i ask, ano'ng suzuki car gamit nyo?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Sa mga nakagamit na, gumagana ba voice prompts nito sa inyo?

Installed it sa AVT headunit ng Mirage.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2023
    Anyone knows the number of Louie Anson? Need one SD card for my montero..tnx

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011