New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^there are offline maps with smartphones as well, pretty much similar to your HU gps

And youll be surprised it wont cost you a dime

Install "open systems map" for android.

If you are using apple, all i can say is good luck

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; March 31st, 2017 at 08:24 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    If anyone can help please. Sorry if the question has been covered before, but I need an answer in English please. We have a house in Cavite and purchased a new 2016 Chev Trailblazer last year. It does not come with an SD card for the built in Nav system, the dealer has no idea where to get them from. Can they be purchased with the maps installed, or do I need to download them onto a blank SD card.
    Can anyone help please, we are currently in Sydney, Australia but will be back there maybe June.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Here View Post
    If anyone can help please. Sorry if the question has been covered before, but I need an answer in English please. We have a house in Cavite and purchased a new 2016 Chev Trailblazer last year. It does not come with an SD card for the built in Nav system, the dealer has no idea where to get them from. Can they be purchased with the maps installed, or do I need to download them onto a blank SD card.
    Can anyone help please, we are currently in Sydney, Australia but will be back there maybe June.
    Try to find out which supplier your dealer buys their accessories. If it's AVT its from Winterpine who holds office in Araneta Ave in Quezon City. If that doesnt work try Inav.ph or try google for their specific info.

Worst case scenario you can upgrade to an android head unit which you can try with lot's of suppliers.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Here View Post
    I believe your cars head unit adopted an apple ecosystem, hence it most likely does not support offline gps

Just attach an android tablet and install the offline maps

Last edited by kisshmet; April 6th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    Try to find out which supplier your dealer buys their accessories. If it's AVT its from Winterpine who holds office in Araneta Ave in Quezon City. If that doesnt work try Inav.ph or try google for their specific info.

Worst case scenario you can upgrade to an android head unit which you can try with lot's of suppliers.
    i think winterpine moved near robinsons magnolia

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-H using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Thanks guys.. I thought it was android but not certain. The car was bought from Chevrolet Alabang. I have emailed them but had no reply yet.
    So if it is an Apple system, are you saying that I can buy an Android head unit and replace the Apple system that is in the car now?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^if you want to avail of an offline map where your gps wont depend on an internet connection anymore

Just augment your current head unit with an android tablet. Install an offline map application in it and download the maps you need in the tablet

Enjoy the limited world of apple and the flexibility of android

Last edited by kisshmet; April 7th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    sir compatible kaya yan sa HU ng nissan navara d40. ninakaw kasi yun akin . sinubukan ko icopy paste yun sa Montero pero my mga lines na lumalabas...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Apple ecosystem is proprietary, so if your head unit is apple car then it follows that the connector is proprietary only to apple

Android head unit connector is different, so it wont fit with out rewiring the stock connector with the one that will fit an android

That will void your electrical systems warranty

Last edited by kisshmet; April 7th, 2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: 7

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    sent you a pm sir.
    sir compatible kaya yan sa HU ng nissan navara d40. ninakaw kasi yun akin

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast