New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you for or against DRL?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • For (Yes)

62 73.81%
  • Against (No)

5 5.95%
  • Neutral/Undecided

17 20.24%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Generally I'm against DRLs. I find them too tacky.

Of course, there are some well-executed exceptions.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The thing is - who needs dedicated daytime running lights when your headlights can do the same thing?

I spent the better part of a week in Poland in May 2011. When we crossed the border from the Slovak Republic, one prominent sign I saw from my seat on the bus was that all vehicles' headlights must be on 24/7 as long as they are being driven. During that week shuttling between Warsaw, Krakow, Wadowice and Czestochowa, not one car was on the roads with its headlights off - and before you mention the weather, the whole time it was a balmy 24-28 deg C and sunny for the most part.

I brought the principle back with me as I drove again on Manila streets. My logic is, with all my lights running in the daytime, there will be less of an excuse for other motorists to crash into my car.

My two cents.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'm for DRL. Ganda eh lalo na sa Audi.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    drls on high end brands like audi, porsches, ferraris, lambos and benz are nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    For DRLs - to preserve half the power usage and half the life of the bulbs

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sa dark at small vehicles ok ang DRL, ang problema yung sa probinsya na kagaya ng tricycle na wala kahit tail light, kuliglig, bike na hindi marunong tumabi... and the like.

Pag nasanay ka na may DRL ang mga kotse sa kalsada, disgrasya pag napunta ka sa probinsya, mabubulaga ka na lang dahil may sasalpukin ka na sa harap mo.

Awareness pa rin ang safety ng bawat motorista sa kalsada!

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    I'm for DRL but against those LED light bar things.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i'd rather that we all have drl working if the car was equipped with one than other drivers driving at night without lights. it is there for safety, not for looks. it simply means that the ignition is on and that the parking brakes is released. this is to let other drivers and pedestrians know that there is a possibility that the car can move forward. i'd rather have cars with drl's on than some einsteins driving at night with fog lights on when there is no fog. i guess most kababayans are in just for the looks and safety secondary to it. safety is a necessity, not an options guys

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok yan para idiot proof na, kasi mga pinoy drivers dum dum papasok ng enclosed parking hinde nagbubukas ng headlights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by shadow; November 12th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ok yan para idiot proof na, kasi mga pinoy drivers dum dum papasok ng enclosed parking hinde nagbubukas ng headlights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Ewan ko nga bakit ayaw mag HL ang mga ibang driver kahit napaka dilim na ng parking lot. Sa St. Lukes Global City, ilang beses na ako nabulaga ng mga mabibilis mag drive na walang HL sa basement parking (bilis nila kahit kita na ako since i have my HLs on). Minsan may umakyat pa sa ramp ko (going down).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Are you for or against DRL?