New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you for or against DRL?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • For (Yes)

62 73.81%
  • Against (No)

5 5.95%
  • Neutral/Undecided

17 20.24%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Are you for or against Daytime Running Lights?

For (Yes): DRL makes every vehicle visible from a glance, promoting safety and awareness of your surroundings

Against (No): We don't get bad weather all that too often and so, DRL adds unnecessary glare and distraction

Neutral/Undecided: Status quo; I'll use it if the car came with it as standard. If not, I don't think I'll go through the trouble of installing one
    Last edited by oj88; April 4th, 2011 at 09:34 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    For motorcycles I think this should be mandatory, they just come out of nowhere and even when some already have their lights on, it's still hard to spot them when they come out of nowhere

For cars, if it came standard with it I would use it. If not, I won't really bother installing one

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am for it. It increases the visibility and safety on the road especially for smaller vehicles like scooters and motorcycles.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    IMO it is okay. It doesn't glare or distract that much naman.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMHO Motorcycles already have DRL. But the freakin owners decide to de-activate it so as to conserve gas daw. If you may notice that most motorcycles have active headlights during the day, especially the new ones.

Where I live and during the rainy season(or even overcast skies), it is very helpful for people/motorists to take notice. I am for DRL's as long as other motorists are not affected negatively by it.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am for it. Most specially for motorcycles....

12.7K:fart1:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Yes for me, Already have LED DRLs on my car.
    This the kit I used
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-4yseE3Cw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-4yseE3Cw[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Yes for me, Already have LED DRLs on my car.
    This the kit I used
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-4yseE3Cw
    Hi bro! Kung ok lang sana ipa-PM ko price and saan mo nabili yung ganito mo. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the glare from the drl is not that much. the two low beam headlights are connected in series with each other and cancels out when you turn the headlight switch on or apply the parking brakes or place the transmission in neutral. in poorly lit areas, it is an advantage being seen and not hit. an example is when you go through tunnels, underpasses or the day is just gloomy. on the same note, it is very bad road etiquette when people turn their fog lights and high beams when not needed. both absence of drl during poor light conditions and turning fog lights and high beams are not safe..

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Are you for or against DRL?