New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Great post sir. Question lang po, mazda3 is already fitted with projectors correct? So if i switch to HID, maganda and tama po yung buga?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PareKoy View Post
    Great post sir. Question lang po, mazda3 is already fitted with projectors correct? So if i switch to HID, maganda and tama po yung buga?

Thanks
    its case to case paren, some halogen projectors respond well to hid's but some are not. its better to test it paren in actuality and compare outputs.

as for the mazda3, the one im seeing on the roads have not so good output pattern. some of the owners are relying on clear lens swapping to further improve the cut off sharpness, but still, the width stays the same.
    for the top of the line mazda3 2.0, it sports xenon projectors already, thats why beam patterns are quite different.

and ofcourse the definition of good pattern is quite subjective. ako kasi im spoiled with high end projector outputs e. hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^Thanks sir. May shop po kayo? PM me =)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Was planning to just slap in a pair of bulbs sa stock lens na pang halogen, now I know better. Anyone who has an idea kung magkano projectors for Corolla AE101?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Nighthawk,

could you post a picture ng beam ng projectors kapag nilagay sa non clear HL? visible pa ba ang cut off?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Nighthawk,

could you post a picture ng beam ng projectors kapag nilagay sa non clear HL? visible pa ba ang cut off?

TIA
    we have not yet retrofitted a headlight with fluted lens pa. since surely the cut off will scatter. anyway i'll try to find my old fluted lens and direct a projector there and take a pic. that would much say if how blurry the cut off will get. baka this weekend siguro pag may time na.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Nighthawk,

TIA
    kung lihain kaya natin yung loob ng frosted headlight cover natin baka maging clear?

if its plastic then sanding it would be another alternative, but its veryvery difficult to do that. the next problem is after sanding it, it gets blurred out, and its hard to polish it again and again to be as clear as the real thing.

we tried this once and we gave up

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Very informative thread sana sticky ng mods

This thread made me (and my dad) understand some facts about HID..Ang akala kasi ng dad ko perwisyo palagi ang HID sa ibang drivers dahil karamihan ng nakikita niya plug and play lang sa Stock Halogen headlamps.. Pero ayaw pa rin ata niya sa HID

So 4300k is the best? White po ba ang color nito? Magkano po kaya ang aabutin including retrofitting ng headlights ng Civic EK?

HID when not correctly used will result to glare tlaga.

4300k is the brightest bulb out there. yellowish white ang output color. the pictures posted above all are running 4300k OEM philips bulbs.

for the ek you got PM

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Things to know when upgrading to HID