New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    cocoy: That's good, if personally you can drive here in Manila just with your park lights. Maliwanag talaga siguro sa mga dinadaan mo.

SIR: mga LC200 hindi PNP yun bro. Naka oem na HID yun same as FXT, Civic 2.0 and Altis 2.0 or what we call reflector bowl type na HID headlamps. The reflector bowl is designed for the output of the hid bulbs kaya hindi nakakasilaw.
    ayy i thought na halogen padin ung LC200 na pre face lift.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    for those who didnt agree with my post.. i have driven in the dark.. i have driven in the middle of the night from Allen northern Samar to tacloban.. the stock headlights on my starex was good enough.. when your driving all alone in the dark with no on coming cars the stock headlights was more than enough.. the only time i wished i had brighter lights was when there are on coming cars that dont know how to use their low beams..

later on i added 4 lights that i installed under the roof rack, with H3 100watt bulbs, and later yet 4 more on my bumper.. i didnt install those extra lights because i wanted it to brighten the road ahead, it was because i wanted to just get even with buses and cars that dont know how to use their low beams and havent had their headlights adjusted properly.the extra lights i installed only work when your using hi beam. but since the last time we traveled land trip to mindanao.. i have removed the four lights on my bumper.and have the lights on my roof rack almost always off.

now i live in cavite.. and there are some pretty dark roads around.. but the stock headlights on my starex is still good enough for me. and i m totally against having full tints on my front windshield, which greatly reduces visibility at night. which is probably why in first world countries your not allowed to have front tints.

sori kung OT na to.. lastly i having nothing against those who want to upgrade their lights.. being responsible is probably the best thought though..

vehicle lighting: if you can see with stock headlights then thats ok. If you upgrade your lights responsibly, that's also ok. We don't have to agree on all things. I think what's important is whatever upgrade we do or if we remain stock, we use our lights responsibly.

Balik na tayo sa discussion on the different upgrades coz' that's the title of this thread that I started.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Stock vs. Philips XP vs. HID vs. retrofit