New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 142 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2382
    we have to be objective when we discuss lighting science para we can inform people with facts. At 4300k color temp, a normal hid bulb will give out 3200 lumens. A 55w halogen bulb will pump out around 1200-1500 lumens at best. Whether dry yung road or wet, this will not change. Pinaka malapit sa 4300k is liwanag ng araw during summer day, without clouds. As you go up the color temp, our eyes perceive this as being whiter, the output of a light source gets absorbed by dark surfaces, e.g wet asphalt kaya our eyes cannot see much pag umuulan tapos very white yung light. Ang sweet spot is 4300k. Aside from this, when you go up the color temp, the ability of our eyes to see contrasts humihina. Mas strained ang eyes pag masyado maputi ilaw, kaya people say "malamig" tingnan 4300k at kaya masakit sa mata yung very white light. You will see more details sa 4300k.

c_cube: mas better yan kung nag stage3 ka Philips 85122+

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    What color is 4300k? Is this the standard yellowish color nang stock?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I can vouch for sir gary's retrofit even in heavy rain.Still gives me good visibility even with full windshield tint. Compared to stock the difference was really big. On dry roads ibang klase talaga yun liwanag, when the weather turns foul, even on wet asphalt, I can still see the road although naabsorb pa din but as I said, it's much better compared to stock.

FYI the set up that gary made for me: A3.0, Philips 85122+ running on 50watts

And personally, the biggest advantage this set up gives me is for provincial travel, the high beams are just out of this world. Very bright and far light throw.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by revskie View Post
    4300k is the stock or OEM HID color. So mga kotse with stock HID na nakikita mo 4300k yan.

some cars with oem projector HID (4300k):
    2012 Fortuner
    Current and Previous Gen Camry
    Alphard
    Impreza
    Legacy
    3rd Gen CR-V 4x4

Some cars, kahit reflector naka stock HID din like:
    Accord
    Forester
    Corolla 2.0V
    Civic FD 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by revskie View Post
    yes it has a yellow tint on it but nothing compared to halogen na yellowish. Eto intense na yellow, you need that sa wet asphalt.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    Here it is:

Hyundai Tucson on stage3 setup running at 35w on the headlights, 4300 Philips 85122+, 70mm fog projectors, 4300 hid bulbs, 35w and custom led retrofit for the bumper lights. Enjoy!

Panalo ito Bro Gary!

Congrats again, sir Arjay18

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=garyq;1991114]blue: did you get my PM, dunno kung pumasok
    renzo: sent you one
    jake: fogs muna would be a good first step.

here's a Focus getting a complete lighting system upgrade:

pm received, thanks for the quote gary!

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Sir Gary, was wondering hangang what size nang projector kakasya for Montero Sport? Anong mas better pala, mag quad projector set-up or Halogen high beam na lang? Natry niyo na rin bang lagyan nang DRL dun mismo sa HL para mas OEM look (similar to hyundai sta fe)? Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    pwede rin halogen projectors for the HI side para same as the new X3 nang BMW. Difference kasi ng single at bixenon sa oem projectors sobrang liit lang so better na bixenon na kasi pag nag HI ka, mas malakas!

Sa setup ng Montero I would suggest to go with 35w lang.

Eto yung last Montero I did na meron custom DRL. Parang OEM dating

Nice sir gary, pa pm nmn also for 2012 montero sport

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    raven and alto: sent you a pm guys

got an interesting project this week. More than one year in the making as the owner initially inquired for a retrofit on a Montero Sport but we ended up doing a Tucson. Anyways, it's a premium unit and the owner wanted an all oem look so an oem projector type headlight was bought from Korea (halogen type) and I retrofitted hid projectors, same size and of course oem ang fit. The HL was also smoked and I was also able to install my 70mm hid fog projector which was almost impossible because of space limitations and last but not the least, we retrofitted philips leds sa bumper lights for park light and also brake lights which I think will be the last I do

Here it is:

Hyundai Tucson on stage3 setup running at 35w on the headlights, 4300 Philips 85122+, 70mm fog projectors, 4300 hid bulbs, 35w and custom led retrofit for the bumper lights. Enjoy!

Wow! napost mo na pala Gary. Just got back today and the car is due to arrive tomorrow!

Galing talaga ni Gary, pa-retrofit na kayo guys! Pulido yung gawa na parang OEM lang. Really worth the upgrade.