New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sadly, no.. May glare parin pero may cutoff na.

Naka-kita ako ng output ng Philips HID sa 2010 Jazz. Ganda ng cutoff.

Saw your car again a while ago sa may Apacible in Paco. Your Philips HID seem to be okay, why are you trying to sell it? I was in the opposite lane (Verita w/ Yellow Polargs), didn't get blinded by your light naman. And based on my quick view, parang well lit yung wet road by your lights.

IMO, these glare shields help but there's still a bit more glare compared to Halogens.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    You can get H4 high/low bulbs with the cutoff already on them. You can get them in the states on ebay all day long for under 100USD with slim ballast.

Yeah if only they were locally available... Looks easy to make though.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes may konting glare pa din pero yung cut off nandun na, unlike pag walang cover yung ilalim ng bulb, normally h4 hilo hid bulbs comes with that cover , kaso yung ibang nagkakabit kasi ng hid inaalis lalo pag sinabi ng customer medyo hirap pag umuulan, hindi nila ineexplain kasi hindi ri nila alam palibhasa kabit lang ng kabit, na pag 8000k pataas ka, malaki laki headlight mo at 35w na hid lang mahina. and meron din ilang hid ako nakita na iba ang buga ng 35w niya matamlay....... hehe hindi ko na sabihin anong klase ng hid yun pero alam ko na din kung alin factory sa china ang gumawa nun.

the best way is huwag alisin ang cover ng mga h4 bulbs. second yung focus ng headlight. kung laging loaded kotse niyo pag aadjust niyo yung focus masmaganda kung loaded or may nakaupo na, kasi tendency pag hindi loaded tapos inadjust mo, kala mo ok na siya kasi nakayuko or mababa na ang focus ng headlight, pero once nilagyan niyo ng load babagsak ang likod ng kotse so yung headlight titingala at makakasilaw po

http://www.xenonoptics.com

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Saw your car again a while ago sa may Apacible in Paco. Your Philips HID seem to be okay, why are you trying to sell it? I was in the opposite lane (Verita w/ Yellow Polargs), didn't get blinded by your light naman. And based on my quick view, parang well lit yung wet road by your lights.

IMO, these glare shields help but there's still a bit more glare compared to Halogens.
    Kwento saakin ni SG, sa Osram Nightbreakers ni Bryan ( iX owner din ) it seems that mas malakas ang throw ng light and mas impressive compared to his HID kit.

And, hindi siya makapagflash ng ganun ganun nalang since HID's are prone in breaking due to flashing, hence kapag nagfflash siya, isang matagal na hawak sa high yung kailangan in order na magheat-up yung HID and not breaking it that much.

Unlike sa halogens na when you flash it, hindi siya agad masisira and if ever it breaks, hindi ganun nakakapanghinayang since it only costs about 3/4 of the HID's price.

One more thing, who knows, baka magprojector yan si SG ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    good day,

nagpakabit ako ng bolt on projector for my getz. i got it straight from the manufacturer in china. i installed the medium size(there are small,medium and large ones). i came from an hid telescopic and all i can say is, there is a significant improvement in light output and also the glare due to its cut off when i bolted the projectors.
    btw, its comparable to oem fitted hid projectors rather than bolt ons.
    i will post pics later.

also, i can order on for you.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Kwento saakin ni SG, sa Osram Nightbreakers ni Bryan ( iX owner din ) it seems that mas malakas ang throw ng light and mas impressive compared to his HID kit.

And, hindi siya makapagflash ng ganun ganun nalang since HID's are prone in breaking due to flashing, hence kapag nagfflash siya, isang matagal na hawak sa high yung kailangan in order na magheat-up yung HID and not breaking it that much.

Unlike sa halogens na when you flash it, hindi siya agad masisira and if ever it breaks, hindi ganun nakakapanghinayang since it only costs about 3/4 of the HID's price.

Haha have the same problem with one of our cars. Although it has separate high and low beam bulb (9006), sumasabay yung highbeam when you flash so I also hold the light stalk for about 15 to 20 seconds para hindi masira yung bulb and ballast.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post

Palagi mong nahuhuli yung Tucson ko ah hahaha Brother ko (nanaman) may dala nun. Malapit ka lang siguro sa'min sir. Sa Paz lang kami. Hehehe

True. Mas mahaba pa yung flare so mas malapad at mataas yung nakikita sa right side.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.......

to chime in:

this type of shield will reduce the glare coming from installing hid bulbs on halogen reflector bowls. Let me see if I can find the pix dun sa experiment I did with this shields/adaptors. Definitely mababawasan yung glare but will it maximize the output of the hid bulb?NOPE. Iba ang design nang reflector housing ng halogen and reflector housing na para sa hid bulbs (e.g Honda FD 2.0 or the Accord). Mas maganda all around lighting performance ng good halogen bulbs vs. this setup? YES.

using Philips 85122+ oem bulbs from Germany D2S and Denso ballasts

eto hid bulbs on halogen reflector housing, took these the morning of Ondoy, around 10am.

you can see the light is everywhere and the glare above is so much. ganito ang output ng HID bulb lag kinabit sa halogen housing kaya nakakabulag sa oncoming traffic. Hindi rin uniform distribution nung light.

with the shield, adaptor:

the output above the line is reduced but you can see the hotspot is just in the middle. Paano translation nito sa road? you get hotspot or intense light sa gitna lang, even a small portion sa harap and hindi consistent distribution ng light sa road.

compare it with hid bulbs on hid projectors:

you can see the uniformity spread ng ilaw. Translation sa road?

advantage I see with this is kung mag D2S hid bulb ka you can install it sa H4 headlamps mo and eventually pag may budget for the right hid retrofit then you can use your hid system. Meron nga akong 2-3 sets ng adaptor na ganito. Anyone? Of course mawawala HI output mo as isa lang output nung hid bulb, nasa max na siya lagi. You can wire it naman to turn ON when you flick HI.

Flashing with hid bulbs. First of all if you dont flash like crazy (which personally I think is rude and not courteous) then hid bulbs, well the oem ones can definitely handle it. Hindi ballasts ang na-a-affect kundi yung bulbs as the "salts" inside the hid bulbs is negatively affected by sudden ON/OFF. Hindi naman mapupundi agad kundi lifetime is shortened. By how much? I dont know coz it will depend how often you flick your HI switch. Again I am talking about oem bulbs. OEM setups are designed na pwede mong gamitin like a normal halogen setup, pati sa tibay.
    Last edited by garyq; November 5th, 2010 at 09:51 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bro garyq.,

Yung 2 pictures mo above, lo output palang ba yan or hi na ?

From the looks of it kasi, mukhang hi na siya because of the lacking cut-offs.

tia.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tucson88 View Post
    good day,

nagpakabit ako ng bolt on projector for my getz. i got it straight from the manufacturer in china. i installed the medium size(there are small,medium and large ones). i came from an hid telescopic and all i can say is, there is a significant improvement in light output and also the glare due to its cut off when i bolted the projectors.
    btw, its comparable to oem fitted hid projectors rather than bolt ons.
    i will post pics later.

also, i can order on for you.
    [IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/55515339*N05/5147686364/[/IMG][IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/55515339*N05/5147686136/in/photostream/[/IMG][IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/55515339*N05/5147684752/in/photostream/[/IMG][IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/55515339*N05/5147684192/in/photostream/[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/55515339*N05/5147684192/in/photostream/[/IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/5551533...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5551533...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5551533...n/photostream/

no night pics yet. (may araw pa.hehe)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
'HID Glare Shield' - a good solution to reduce HID glare?