New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Naka HID low at Halogen high ka pala sir..
    yes sir, is it bad? much better ba bi-xenon?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi sir. Hehehe

Actually I find that better than the Bi-Xenon bulb kasi pwede ka parin mag flash.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Looks promising.

Nicely done, sir.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i'm planning to do this to my h4 hid bulb.. but i want to ask about the burning part of the headlight..

may bakas ba ng burnt mark sa headlight mo sir?? para mabawasan ko din ng glare headlights ko..

and napansin ko lang sir.. baliktad ba yung pix or talagang sa baba nilalagay yun at hindi sa tuktok ng bulb?? hehehe..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_01 View Post
    i'm planning to do this to my h4 hid bulb.. but i want to ask about the burning part of the headlight..

may bakas ba ng burnt mark sa headlight mo sir?? para mabawasan ko din ng glare headlights ko..

and napansin ko lang sir.. baliktad ba yung pix or talagang sa baba nilalagay yun at hindi sa tuktok ng bulb?? hehehe..
    Sa baba talaga sir, as the pics below suggest: (from http://www.mitsunation.net/showthread.php?t=2015)

I've had mine in for nearly a week and I've estimated the "on-time" of my HIDs to be around 20 hours (in one week) - So far so good, no burning on the reflectors, no flashing from oncoming drivers, no 'irritating' glare but there is a little bit of glare which can be seen when parked really close to a wall but when driving on the road it's fine.

Nothing negative so far so I'll keep them on. Next and possibly final step is to paint the can black.

I tried taking pics but my digicam doesn't picture it very well - with the naked eye you can clearly see the 'projected' light from the headlight/can (pictured above), but with the digi cam it's all one big glare.

But not bad for a P50 mod

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ah.. i see.. tama.. sa baba nga para yung ilaw pababa hindi magbounce pataas.. TOMO!! great research sir.. maybe i'll do that.. nice contribution..

no burnt marks?? impressive ah.. ^^

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can get H4 high/low bulbs with the cutoff already on them. You can get them in the states on ebay all day long for under 100USD with slim ballast.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^does that mean you won't be needing those very expensive retrofits to eliminate glare if you have that?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    ^does that mean you won't be needing those very expensive retrofits to eliminate glare if you have that?
    Sadly, no.. May glare parin pero may cutoff na.

Naka-kita ako ng output ng Philips HID sa 2010 Jazz. Ganda ng cutoff.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ay ganon....

kala ko ok na kahit wala ng projectors....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
'HID Glare Shield' - a good solution to reduce HID glare?