New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    That's cheap. unless fake yan or 2nd hand? Are there fake polargs?

Cheapest i got was 3000 for H4 Yellow.

For me, not really worth the price you pay for it. If only HIDs have the same beam pattern as halogens, I would have opted to put HIDs.

Stick with eurolines if you want yellow bulbs. Almost the same lang ang buga
    correction sa post ko, the stock wattage polarg h4 can be compared to higher wattage eurolines yun buga. Tried it out maliwanag talaga

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Im using a 55w Euroline H3 fog bulb. satisfied naman ako. i dont want to install a higher than stock wattage bulb. kailangan pa kasi magupgrade ng wiring and relay relay plus iitim daw ang housing ng HL or FL.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    can anyone confirm if bulb type for 99-00 Civic fog lamps is H3? ano po ba stock wattage ng OEM fog lamps?

add ko na rin po, nakita ko sa headlight socket, 130/90W. ano po ibig sabihin nun? yung H4 bulb naman is 55W ang nakalagay. ibig ba sabihin 90-130W ang range ng HL bulbs and 55W per bulb x 2 = 110W (so within the range)?

due na kasi yung bulbs. medyo kirat na.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ako yellow sa fog lamps. una Euroline kaso hindi nagtagal. 3 days amp. tapos palit ng PolarG para sigurado na. 2,800 bili ko sa Autoline. mura na yun. napansin ko ang layo ng buga nya compared to Euroline. sabay combo ng 6000K sa low beam

napansin ko din mas maganda din output nya than stock at mas effective sya sa provincial driving at sa rain.

relays are used for switching purposes sa automotive application. Nothing to do with making the bulbs brighter. when you use higher wattage bulbs or any load for that matter,you need to install a relay as the stock harness of your car was designed to handle the stock load na naka-kabit dun sa circuit na yun, e.g sa hl 55w ang stock wattage for most cars. Pag kinabitan mo yan ng 100w na bulbs may danger of frying the harness, the plugs, the switches coz the whole circuit was designed to handle 55w lang, even the fuse is 15A lang for per hl. The hl gets affected din coz the 100w bulb produces more heat.

The Bosch relay is rated at 30A which is more than enough for most auto application.

the output of hid bulb vis-a-vis the halogen is not so much with the bulbs but with where they are installed. halogen for halogen stock housing, hid bulbs for projectors (or oem non projector hid housing).

Back during the days na halogen user pa ako sa experience ko, the good halogen bulbs are the pricey ones like Polarg, raybrig, PIAA and Philips. Even here I think quality has its price. Bought many of those copies and sayang lang pera. tried all of those and ended up as a retrofitter Malabo mata ko sa gabi, hehe.

Ok pag dating sa "ano ba ang bulb ang pinaka ok?" May science kasi dyan and it can be viewed objectively, no pun intended. You will get the most light in terms of lumens at 4300k. So mas malapit ka dyan mas marami kang makikita. A 3000k bulb (yellow) will let you see more sa foggy condition so kung lagi ka sa situation na ganyan, get that bulb. Otherwise the stock wattage closest to 4300k will give you the most light on the road and the best bang for your buck. You lose around 30% light output when you go for 3000k or 6000k bulbs. Stay away from 6k bulbs or yung mga puti. Pag umulan at nasa asphalt road ka, wala kang makikita.

Most cars during the mid-late 90's H3 ang foglights, yung mga bago either H7, H11 or HB3.

130/90. 90watts sa LO, 130w sa HI.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    very good info.
    i would like to personally thank garyq for sharing theses infos to us. You are always being helpful.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Set-up ko ngayon.

E150:

4300k headlight. (8000k before)

3000k Bosch spotlight behind the grille.(Projector na china dati)

Altis:

4300k sa low beam. (8000k before)

Xenon brand all weather HI beam.

3000k fogs.

Trooper.

Before 8000k 2 years ago then changed it to philips XPB then to Osram NB then last week I changed it to Osram all-weather 100/80watts.

Fogs - Hella commet 450 clear lense (spot light). From euroline yellow to 3000k.

Aux - Bosch pencil type spotlight - H1 euroline bulb to 3000k HID. (pinakamalakas sa lahat. no need for the Headlight)

All new HID's was purchased last month.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    relays are used for switching purposes sa automotive application. Nothing to do with making the bulbs brighter. when you use higher wattage bulbs or any load for that matter,you need to install a relay as the stock harness of your car was designed to handle the stock load na naka-kabit dun sa circuit na yun, e.g sa hl 55w ang stock wattage for most cars. Pag kinabitan mo yan ng 100w na bulbs may danger of frying the harness, the plugs, the switches coz the whole circuit was designed to handle 55w lang, even the fuse is 15A lang for per hl. The hl gets affected din coz the 100w bulb produces more heat.

The Bosch relay is rated at 30A which is more than enough for most auto application.

the output of hid bulb vis-a-vis the halogen is not so much with the bulbs but with where they are installed. halogen for halogen stock housing, hid bulbs for projectors (or oem non projector hid housing).

Back during the days na halogen user pa ako sa experience ko, the good halogen bulbs are the pricey ones like Polarg, raybrig, PIAA and Philips. Even here I think quality has its price. Bought many of those copies and sayang lang pera. tried all of those and ended up as a retrofitter Malabo mata ko sa gabi, hehe.

Ok pag dating sa "ano ba ang bulb ang pinaka ok?" May science kasi dyan and it can be viewed objectively, no pun intended. You will get the most light in terms of lumens at 4300k. So mas malapit ka dyan mas marami kang makikita. A 3000k bulb (yellow) will let you see more sa foggy condition so kung lagi ka sa situation na ganyan, get that bulb. Otherwise the stock wattage closest to 4300k will give you the most light on the road and the best bang for your buck. You lose around 30% light output when you go for 3000k or 6000k bulbs. Stay away from 6k bulbs or yung mga puti. Pag umulan at nasa asphalt road ka, wala kang makikita.

Most cars during the mid-late 90's H3 ang foglights, yung mga bago either H7, H11 or HB3.

perfectly said. I change last week yung mga 8k namin to 4300k and 3000k.

Thanks GQ.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post

thanks for this sir garyq

does it mean that the socket (?) or housing (?) can accomodate the 130W HI and 90W LO loads of the HL bulbs? currently, HL bulb is stock. i wanted to change to higher watter bulbs without changing the sockets, wirings, etc. just wanted to make sure that the set-up can accomodate the higher wattage bulbs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    thanks for this sir garyq

does it mean that the socket (?) or housing (?) can accomodate the 130W HI and 90W LO loads of the HL bulbs? currently, HL bulb is stock. i wanted to change to higher watter bulbs without changing the sockets, wirings, etc. just wanted to make sure that the set-up can accomodate the higher wattage bulbs.

Stock wiring and sockets will not handle 130 watt HL bulbs.

You will need to install a relay kit and use ceramic sockets.

If you try to use the stock wiring/sockets, the wiring will heat & potentially melt the insulation and the plastic sockets will melt as well.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
which is better yellow or white fog bulb?