New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Are there hobby shops in manila that allows the owner to do their periodic maintenance with the technical support and supervision of a competent, experienced and certified technician/s? Would this be a viable venture?

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Are there hobby shops in manila that allows the owner to do their periodic maintenance with the technical support and supervision of a competent, experienced and certified technician/s? Would this be a viable venture?

One of the best ideas I've read today. This should be a project of all automobile clubs!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Sa labor ang laki ng price difference. Sa suki kong autoshop, may labor items na pwede na waive ang fee pag pwedeng masingit/sabay yung gagawin sa ibang pinagawa. Sa casa break cleaning P250-500, front pa lang, separate pa bayad sa rear. PMS labor ng kasa 1-2k.

Basta bili lang ng orig parts kahit sa labas ng casa ayos naman resulta.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Find a reputable shop and instruct them to use the owners manual as basis for check-up for X mileage. Ideally andun ka para makita mo talaga ginagawa and for peace of mind.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post

so i will be paying someone to look over my shoulder and instruct me on how to do it? Cool! (if i were younger..)
    but today, i would rather i be the one looking over his shoulder, to see that he does it right..

but it's a nice idea.. a fully-equipped shop's equipment at my beck and call..
    i can even send my sons there, so's they can learn basic auto-mechanics..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    after the first 2 free maintenance sheets at a dealership, i did all the maintenance. nobody touches the cars but me. sometimes it takes some time at first, but future jobs get easier and easier.

needless to say i was clueless at first and needed the internet. it pays to have cars in common with those all over the world, esp. english speaking countries.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    After the 10K PMS/1yr, I do the maintaining myself up until now. What I don't like the casa are: (1) They flushed the engine on 5K and 10K PMS (Is flushing necessary?); (2) They used fuel system cleaner (5K & 10K PMS) (Is their brand of cleaner effective? No data to prove that.); (3) Their oil filter cost P315, outside it costs P128 and it is Japan made; (4) They charged me with gloves, rags, sandpaper, and misc. (Really?); (5) The labor cost on the 10K PMS is P1,600. I can buy a gallon of full synthetic oil with that amount; (6) To not void the warranty, they only allow their oil (with the exception of Mobil1 and Amalie). I asked was there an instance an engine was damaged by using other brands of oil? ....and he answered, with a very low tone, none.

If you let the casa do the maintaining of your vehicle, I suggest you sell it. You're spending too much for it. Otherwise, you can ask your brother or your boyfriend to maintain it for you.

Hope it helps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the only problem with doing your own oil changes is WHAT TO DO WITH THE USED OIL LATER. sana naman properly disposed (sent to a recycling facility) at hindi basta tinatapon na lang sa canal. kaya i stopped doing my own oil change kasi ayaw naman nila kunin sa gas stations yung used oil ko.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ may bumibili samin. Nakapedicab. 20 pesos per 4 liters ata. Tinanong ko gagamitin saan. Binebenta raw nya, irerecycle

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Sir ts, aside from disposing used oil, ok sana ikaw mag maintain kung kumpleto ka ng gamit like lifter and etc. Changing oil is just one item in the PMS.

Yes madaming CASA that is taking the advantage of lesser techn8cal people like doing the engine flushing. For my vios, i choose what i want to do before agreeing to something with the CASA. For example, i excluded the engine flushing, fuel treatment, aircon cleaning on my 25k and 30k pms.

Items that is hard to DIY are brake cleaning adjustment, retighthening of auspension oars and bushings, or any under chassis works.

And since i bought my vios, PMS cost me around 2.5k to 3.5k only every 5k kms.

Not bad to preserve ypur 3 year warranty.

After the warranty, i will still CASA my vios but repairs will be done outside to save on cost.

Hth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast