Jul 2003
    Doc diesel anong residues

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ibang brand ba ng biodiesel ito?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Mr. Doc Diesel,

Those residues were results of the performance of Biodiesel cleaning properties. Remember it has a high solvency factor, meaning it literally removes carbon deposits and unburned fuel inside your diesel engine. I would like to suggest to check your fuel filter. It is possible that there are solid residues also left there and affect the performance of your engine.

To everyone, don't be alarmed by these situation, you can verify it technically. It doesn't do any harm to your engine, else, it is already a path towards its full performance and efficiency.

Regarding the Flying V Biodiesel, I have read that in the Business section of the Philippine Daily Inquirer last wednesday. It is a good thing that there is competition, and it will be a point of consideration to other fuel companies. A step towards a clean environment.

The way I understood the article is that, similar to what we are doing with ESTROL Biodiesel right now, biodiesel will be blend to their owm diesel fuel. Just like what they done on 2001 and 2002 with the alco-gas. The question here is will they comply with the law regarding the 5% mixture of biodiesel. Or is their biodiesel accredited to comply with the 0.05% sulfur by volume.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm... punta kayo dito... aside from bio-diesel.. meron pang ibang alternative like WVO (Waste vegetable oil) and SVO.

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ray
    Mr. Doc Diesel,

Those residues were results of the performance of Biodiesel cleaning properties. Remember it has a high solvency factor, meaning it literally removes carbon deposits and unburned fuel inside your diesel engine. I would like to suggest to check your fuel filter. It is possible that there are solid residues also left there and affect the performance of your engine.

To everyone, don't be alarmed by these situation, you can verify it technically. It doesn't do any harm to your engine, else, it is already a path towards its full performance and efficiency.

I did not say that the residues were bad and had harmful effects. The residues were in miniscule amounts and they can be crushed like fine sand that can be trapped inside your fuel filter. Which overtime might make your filter clogged up. My filter was brand new when I filled up, FYI. I did change it again to see what happens after my 2nd full tank.

Verifying it technically is good but seeing what really happens to the fuel and the filter is even better in the sense that it would support your tech. specs. If the residues go out by my 2nd full tank, then good. If not, what's this?

I'm in for a good product but out for an inferior one.

and here are the pix: www.photos.ph/asjamias dahan dahan lang at free account ito na may cap...

Doc Diesel

Ray or Doc Diesel: Im planning to try the biodiesel on my Big Horn, 3.1 TDI, 4JG2 engine. Is this ok? ANo advantage? Tnx!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Doc D,
    Great pics! What brand of fuel were you mixing with the biodiesel? Also, what was the fuel filter brand?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    That's great jack! Big Horn is great!!! Lalo na if you would use Estrol Biodiesel. You can start by using 5% blend of Biodisel to your current diesel fuel. Example: Full Tank = 40L X 5%= 2L of Estrol Biodiesel will be the blend. Thus, 38L of Mineral Diesel + 2L of Biodisel will compose your fuel tank.

How to physically blend? If your fuel is almost empty at least 1/4, pour the 5% Biodiesel to your tank before you fill it up again.

Expect that there will be an increase in engine power and 50% reduction on smoke emission. Also, after using it for quite a number of times check your fuel filters for residues, just like what Doc diesel had experienced. Don't be alramed because your Biodiesel is performing one of its positive properites which is acting as a solvent. It cleans the carbon deposits/unburned fuel in your engine and fuel line, this is one of its tricks why theres an increase in power.

Try to call us at these numbers for more info. :D
    Last edited by Ray; August 26th, 2003 at 03:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    garyq,
    try it. just don't use it on common rail injection systems. wala namang nakakasira sa pag-gamit ng biodiesel.

jackaroo,
    Fuel is and was Shell Diesoline Ultra. Filter was replacement japan.

Doc Diesel

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sori Jack! Its for garyq pala. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
BioDiesel and Flying V