New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 419 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    according to shell's FAQ, the gas consumption will be 10% to 15% higher due to the lower energy content of LPG. also according to shell, it's 25% cheaper (if gasoline reaches 40 pesos per liter, autogas should be 30 per liter).

since i'm consuming around 80L/month of gasoline (3200 * 40/L), that would be ~90L of autogas (2700), a savings of 500 pesos a month. i don't know how much the conversion costs but shell claims, 18000 pesos. So it would take roughly 3 years to recover the cost. at least, cleaner-burning, less engine wear, etc.
    Given your computation of 25% savings by using LGP over gasoline... I consume about P6000 of gasoline a month. At that rate, I should recover the cost of the LPG kit in about 1.7 years.

And that assumes the gasoline price stays at P40/L during that 1.7 years.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    Given your computation of 25% savings by using LGP over gasoline... I consume about P6000 of gasoline a month. At that rate, I should recover the cost of the LPG kit in about 1.7 years.

And that assumes the gasoline price stays at P40/L during that 1.7 years.
    gh,

the amount of savings will go up as prices go up. assuming the price differential remains the same at 25%.

please, could you post the pricing info etc. once you get it from mr. angeles? i also emailed him but no reply so far. i think this is something of interest to all of us here.

not to mention your car runs cleaner, quieter, and with increased maintenance service intervals. but the cost savings isn't that great (although it's still appreciable).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if im not mistaken, mileage per liter is worse with LPG, but mileage per peso is better.

identical lang ba yung performance and everything of LPG with gasoline?

for fleets lang yung shell LPG diba? yung petron meron na rin ata niyan, for fleet use.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got off the phone with Ryan Angeles. The price is P30K for the conversion kit.

included with the kit:
    lpg evaporator
    60L lpg tank to be fitted in the trunk.
    fuel guage adapter to show the current fuel level (LPG or gasoline).
    euro style interior switches (for the elegant touch )
    etc.

The LPG refilling point on the car will be fitted beside the gasoline cap. This means it will use a special valve to refill the LPG tank. Current LPG refill stations were mentioned by Ryan and additional LPG refilling stations are planned. Currently only selected Petron stations have the capacity to refill but Shell will be doing this by end of the year too.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    if im not mistaken, mileage per liter is worse with LPG, but mileage per peso is better.

identical lang ba yung performance and everything of LPG with gasoline?
    as mentioned by Ryan, LPG's fuel milage is lower than gasoline but it is still cheaper if computed pesos/kilometer.

He also mentioned that the car's performance will be identical and the driver will not know the difference if based on the car's performance.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 6th, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    libre nga ba? buti nacontact mo :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kahit saang kotse ba pwede yan? i'm planning to install one in my vios kapag tapos na un warranty.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately they already have the Corolla they were looking for the exhibit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Staff
    kahit saang kotse ba pwede yan? i'm planning to install one in my vios kapag tapos na un warranty.
    the LPG conversion kits are applicable for any gasoline fed car... carb or efi.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    30k is kinda steep though... :P

i guess if you commute from cavite or laguna to manila everyday, or from bulacan to manila, it would be worth it. but for us 5000-ish a month gasoline bills, medyo matagal ang recovery period.

Auto-LPG Conversion Thread