New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 419 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    what's the difference nga pala between CNGs and LPGs?
    Oo nga! Ano difference?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Oo nga! Ano difference?
    Broadly speaking ...

Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) is compatible with petrol/gasoline engines. Typically the gas is mostly propane with some butane derived mainly from oil refineries. From an environmental pov, LPG is cleaner than petrol or diesel, although it is still a fossil fuel and thus its use, as a whole, still contributes to global pollution.

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a natural gas and is more compatible with heavy diesel vehicles. Because it is not liquefied it has a lower energy density and is stored at very high pressures. These factors are a disadvantage for CNG, as storage and vehicle tanks have to be robust and heavy because of the high pressure requirement.

It's a good thing that LPG conversion is now available in the Philippines ... I wouldn't worry too much about the unavailability of smaller tanks at the moment. In the UK market they offer all sorts of sizes, including donuts where your spare tire used to be (meron na kasing run-flat tires). Being bi-fuel means that if you run out of LPG, you can still use gasoline to reach your destination or the next LPG station.

Safety-wise ... A properly installed LPG system is safer than your normal gasoline fuel system. The problem at the moment is the absence in the Philippines of an inspecting body that would certify as safe any LPG conversion that has been done.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just came from the world trade center where the LPG conversion kit is being exhibited. Kinda impressed with the LPG conversion kit. Even with the high initial purchase cost, it seems to be the most viable alternative to saving money with your car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LPG converted Mitsu Lancer

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 27th, 2005 at 10:09 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LPG converted Toyota Corolla 1.3L

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 27th, 2005 at 10:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala ba silang nakakabit sa EFI engine? Or does it require more conversion to install?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately they didn't bring an EFI car with LPG conversion. basically its about the same with an EFI car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Do they convert old cars? mine kasi is a 1977 benz that has a carb engine..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm13
    Do they convert old cars? mine kasi is a 1977 benz that has a carb engine..
    they can... the pics I took are LPG conversion kits for carb engines.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    *gh --> sa engine, la bang gagalawin? me idagdag o ibabawas?

dba malilito ang mga mekaniko in case nagpaservice tyo ng mga regular tear and wear maintenance?

standard ba ang kit(efi or carb kit)? i mean yng ginamit sa corolla e pde din sa lancer?

Auto-LPG Conversion Thread