New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 419 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    ang narinig ko, if you're a taxi driver, laki laki ng savings. kasi nasa 1000/day ang gas bill ng taxi. so if you can save 100/day even... in less than a year bawi ka na.
    yep...may napanood ako (forgot the show) na sa taxi units nakakbit...tipid talaga sila dahil lagi silang may biyahe.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    probably kya mahal conversion kit, kontilang nag o offer.

if marami na mag offer ng conversion kit, hopefully the 30k would significantly go down

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    hmm. but LPG prices track gasoline prices. So.. i guess that's 36/L gasoline, 23/L LPG. difference of 13 pesos per liter. Full tank 40L (1440 pesos * 220km = 6.5 pesos per kilometer gas, 920 pesos * 200km = 4.6 pesos per kilometer).

so if you drive 30km/day, that's 660km/month or 4300 pesos/month gas and 3000 pesos/month LPG. recovery period would then be roughly two years. still a long time.

but a cheaper solution than buying a fuel-efficient car if the only goal is to save fuel.

Thats the bigger picture. LPG conversion is cheaper than buying a new fuel efficient car.

And with the bi-fuel system (gasoline & LPG) you can drive from metro manila to baguio and back without the need to refuel along the way.

As for my monthly milage, I do about 800-900km a month. So the payback time is still slightly more than 1.5 years even for me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i had a chat with someone early this evening while in the queue at the printshop here in baguio city. i noticed kasi the sheaf of leaflets he was holding. he is a dealer for bp gasul, an outfit that will introduce the lpg conversion kit here. he told me the kit costs P25k.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mukhang makakatipid ako dito ah...

all the more reason to support my regular going from QC to paranaque. hahaha!

so downside lang nito is you lose some trunk space right? waht about the safety specs ng tank itself?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    according to my agent you will save at least 10 peso per liter compared to gasoline. As for the cost, the last time i heard it's 26k for carb injectors and 36k for EFI engines.(considering it's 4 cylinder)

you will definitely lose trunk space if you will install lpg cylinder in your trunk. Just to give you an idea on how big the cylinder for the LPG, imagine your regular 11kg cylinder that you use in your house. Double it and picture it without the ring collars. No room for boom box anymore.
    They say that the cylinder itself is safe, just dont expect it to withstand a rear end collision with a train. The fittings a gas line is made with durable rubber not copper, that is flexible enough in case of frontal crash.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what hose or fuel line will they use for the lpg?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    you will definitely lose trunk space if you will install lpg cylinder in your trunk. Just to give you an idea on how big the cylinder for the LPG, imagine your regular 11kg cylinder that you use in your house. Double it and picture it without the ring collars. No room for boom box anymore.
    ooo

so di sya kasya sa kia pride ko, pero wlakaya smaaller na lpg tank?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    what's the difference nga pala between CNGs and LPGs?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Di rin kasya sa Picanto ko? Sayang. Ü Kaya lang nakakatakot, baka sumabog pag nagkaleak.

Auto-LPG Conversion Thread