New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    121
    #1
    i really think its time for us to talk more about alternative fuels. anything about alternative fuels and the state of its development here in the philippines. we can't stay stuck on the fuels we have today because its getting too impractical to use and its not gonna be around forever.

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    98
    #2
    Take your pick, for gasoline the alternative is ethanol ( a form of wood alcohol ) and CNG ( compressed natural gas - like from manure ) , for diesel, cocomethyester, or coco diesel made from coconuts. The bioexceed from seaoil is a diesel substitute, but it is still more expensive than diesel, but its renewable, ethanol is also from plants, also renewable, most of our ethanol come from Brazil, which uses 85% of it mixed with 15% gasoline. Sea oil's gasoline is all ethanol blended but only at 10% but their unleaded is at 95 octane like other premium gasoline which you have to pay extra.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,790
    #3
    hydrolylized water - for H2 for gas fed engine vechicles?

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm13
    i really think its time for us to talk more about alternative fuels. anything about alternative fuels and the state of its development here in the philippines. we can't stay stuck on the fuels we have today because its getting too impractical to use and its not gonna be around forever.

    LPG conversion for gasoline powered cars. There is a thread about it already.

    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23236

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #5
    Ethanol blends don't really run as well as full gasoline, but the upside to using an ethanol blend is that you're reducing the country's dependence on oil imports.

    I vote for full-alcohol conversions! That way we can process it from sugarcane and coconuts. But this may be years away.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    121
    #6
    i also think that that we should use pure ethanol or any other source of fuel that we can produce locally.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    121
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    LPG conversion for gasoline powered cars. There is a thread about it already.

    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23236
    yes,pero di ba hindi pa rin locally produced and LPG? wala bang nag coconvert to fuel that is locally produced? sorry, i dont have a lot of knowledge on alternative fuels but im very eager to use them

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #8
    Would be a nice conversion... but LPG now costs 470 pesos a tank! Bwiset!

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm13
    yes,pero di ba hindi pa rin locally produced and LPG? wala bang nag coconvert to fuel that is locally produced? sorry, i dont have a lot of knowledge on alternative fuels but im very eager to use them

    unfortunately unless you want your car to run on beer or lambanog, we don't have any sort of locally produced fuel that can be economically feasable on a widescale.

    What is locally available is ethanol and bio-diesel. Both have limited production and 100% blends are much more expensive than what they replace (gasoline & diesel). Current solution is to use them mixed into the regular fuel supply, hence the 10% blended fuels we have at the moment.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    121
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    unfortunately unless you want your car to run on beer or lambanog, we don't have any sort of locally produced fuel that can be economically feasable on a widescale.

    What is locally available is ethanol and bio-diesel. Both have limited production and 100% blends are much more expensive than what they replace (gasoline & diesel). Current solution is to use them mixed into the regular fuel supply, hence the 10% blended fuels we have at the moment.
    so presently, ethanol is being mixed into gasoline? does it do any help? i read in another thread na acetone can help improve mileage. I just bought my acetone para i could try it on my car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Alternative Fuels