New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm13
    so presently, ethanol is being mixed into gasoline? does it do any help? i read in another thread na acetone can help improve mileage. I just bought my acetone para i could try it on my car.
    I love threads like this.

When US started mixing Ethanol in 1997, the oil dependence should have been reduced by 100,000 barrel. However, even mixing Ethanol didnt stop the oil companies to raise their prices.

I was watching the news the other night. France[?] is looking into using their huge excess of wine to fuel cars.

Civic natural gas which can be re-charged at home has been introduced to the US public. Then, natural gas went up 50% in the West Coast region and East Coast region went up to 70%.

Diesel's price used to be lower than the lowest octance gas. But when people started buying VW diesel cars and Diesel trucks, the price of diesel surpassed the price of the highest octane gas. One way or another, oil companies will find a way to continously increase their profit year after year.

BioDiesel? Looks so promising until cooking oil companies raise their prices. Its just a matter of time, supply and demand. :hihihi:

Whatever alternative fuel we may think, price can only go higher.
    Last edited by Karding; November 5th, 2005 at 01:27 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Meron akong thesis nung college tungkol sa idea ko na tinatawag na:
    "Stored Fat Power Generator"

Basically, this is a big, factory-size liposuction machine. Since alam nating lahat na ang fat ay stored energy, itong lipo-plant ko eh sisipsipin lahat ng excess fat sa mga matatabang tao. Yung mga naipon na fat ay susunugin continuously sa loob ng isang incinerator. The resulting heat will feed to a boiler where a steam-powered generator will generate electricity.

So para magkameron ng continuous supply ng kuryente, kailangan marami kang supply ng matatabang tao. So kung overweight ka, pumunta ka lang sa plantang ito at papayat ka. Makakatulong ka pa sa bayan mo.

Ayos ba?

Singko yung binigay na grade sakin nung hayup na propesor ko. Langyang yun.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    well isn't it possible that someday we can create alternative fuels that are made 100% from materials that can be grown from our own backyards? wouldn't that be great, hindi na tayo maaabuso ng mga controlling oil companies...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    also, di ba there are books as well as some sites on the net that teach how to create our own fuel, both for diesel and gas engines? marami ako nakikita when i search e.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane

Baka mataba yung prof mo na yun! hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane
    amf, I wonder why :evillaugh

paano kung maubos ang taong mataba dahil ina-atake sa puso agad? hahahaha

supply and demand, kagaya ng binebentang dugo sa labas ng hospital..haha

jvm13, why dont you start doing what you researched on the net? If you're successful, do let us know. ;)

And most gas to diesel conversion is done on trucks or SUVs. The first move should be finding a diesel engine from the junk yard to swap into your car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well isn't it possible that someday we can create alternative fuels that are made 100% from materials that can be grown from our own backyards? wouldn't that be great, hindi na tayo maaabuso ng mga controlling oil companies...
    nice idea but unless your "backyard" is a few hectares of farmland of soybeans, coconut trees, rice, wheat, barley (or whatever can be converted to alcohol, or diesel fuel), it will not be feasible to grow your own fuel.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 5th, 2005 at 08:25 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also, di ba there are books as well as some sites on the net that teach how to create our own fuel, both for diesel and gas engines? marami ako nakikita when i search e.
    as for diesel fuel, its pretty easy to make your own. All you need is some vegetable oil... used or new and a chemical. Mix them together and let it sit overnight. In the morning, you will either have diesel fuel or soap (if you have water in the container, it will turn into soap).

for gasoline, most sites would be able how to make methanol or other alcohol based fuels.

Generally the problem with these "alternatives" is the cost to produce alternative diesel/gasoline fuels will be more than the current selling price of diesel or gasoline.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 5th, 2005 at 08:24 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ethanol blends don't really run as well as full gasoline, but the upside to using an ethanol blend is that you're reducing the country's dependence on oil imports.
    E20 ethanol blends (20% ethanol 80% gasoline) has been found to increase internal engine wear & tear.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i read in another thread na acetone can help improve mileage. I just bought my acetone para i could try it on my car.
    Acetone can help but results vary between cars. But from practice, acetone can only extend milage at around 5% to 15%. My personal milage increase is at 10%.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Alternative Fuels