New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I made a post concerning my unbiased test of Khaos in California. In my last post, I indicated a 4% efficiency gain in mileage per gallon. It has been almost 3 months since I have Khaos installed in my 1991 Toyota MR2. I have been consistently getting 24-26 miles per gallon compared to 23-25 miles per gallon prior to the Khaos install. As I have indicated in my previous report, I have not recommended the Khaos yet due to the initial cost compared to the savings. I calculated that it would take approximately 18 months to recover the initial investment.

I just went in and took my car to the California Required bi-annual threadmill smog test and it is sad to say the car failed.

Let me know if you can access this test report (http://home.comcast.net/~pinay27/index.html), if not outlined below is the summary:

TEST ==== RPM ========HC(PPM) ======= CO% ====== NO (PPM)
    = MAX = MEAS = MAX = MEAS = MAX = MEAS
    15 MPH ===1971 118 31 0.75 0.34 799 979
    25MPH === 2140 93 24 0.63 0.30 738 933

Reading the other threads about Khaos, other tsikoteers made very wise assumptions and made warnings about increased NOX due to the lean mixture caused by KHAOS and possible future engine damage.

Well, I immediately removed Khaos and got my car re-tested at the same shop and here is the second test without KHAOS.

TEST RPM HC(PPM) CO% NO (PPM)
    MAX MEAS MAX MEAS MAX MEAS
    15 MPH 1919 118 43 0.75 0.31 799 835
    25MPH 2103 93 29 0.63 0.29 738 801

Again, failed test due to high NOx but noticeable improvement of NO emmision. I took the car to a filipino mechanic here who, surprisingly has not heard of KHAOS, made a diagnosis and concluded that the catalytic converter is fouled up and needs to be replaced. Initial estimate to replace the "cat" is at a discounted $160.00.

Wow, I only had Khaos in the Car for 3 months and it fouled up the catalytic converter that quick and would possibly cost me at least $160.00 to repair. Please note that I had the same car smogged 18 months prior and it passed with no problem.

Here is the link to verify my recent tests. (Just copy and paste the following vin# jt2sw21n6m0006347) at: http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/vehtests/pubtstqry.aspx

Another link discussing NOx emmision repairs and causes:
    http://www.wivip.com/3_5_1.PDF

I also scanned both test reports but it was too big (690 kb) to upload. I can email it to anyone including Mr. Planas or Freeman. Maybe ghost can give me his email address so he can somewhat post this test report.

I initially read on the thread that Mr. Planas and inventionhaus is thinking of global marketing to include US. Fair warning lang po, siguradong ma-hahabla kayo dito for mis-representation, Pangalan lang misrepresented na (This is not a Turbo-Charger!) Guaranteed lawsuits if this Khaos device is marketed in the US that could amount to millions of dollars in penalty. Baka pati buong Pinas ma-bankrupt. I was really hoping for this device to work para naman may Filipinong sikat dito, pero nakakahiya ang mangyayari.

So why am I doing this, kawawa naman yung mga kababayan natin diyan. I am hoping that I can prevent someone from being duped into getting khaos.

So who is accountable, Planas, Inventionhaus, politicians the media or perhaps all? For making an unfounded endorsement of KHAOS? Don't you think someone has to be responsible enough to verify a product first prior to making an endorsement (Baka naman nakuha sa "Lagay" , uso pa ba yun dyan?).

By the way I have not even touch on the effects to the environment of increased NOx, but that will make this thread too long.

Cmon anyone in the media, I am challenging you to do the responsible thing and print my test report or you can do your own test and publish it. Apektado ang environment at ang ating mga kababayan.
    Last edited by Gonzaldp; May 6th, 2005 at 02:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow!!! thanks man for the test results!!!

at least it confirms our theoretical reasoning that NOx levels will go up using KSTC... and that your cat converter will be ruined since your engine is running leaner & hotter than usual.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nuff said . . . so there goes the verdict.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sorry to hear about your car man....i guess this should be ANOTHER proof that KHAOS will indeed harm an engine....pag umabot pa ito internationally nakupo!!!

paging the gov't....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its time to change the name of the product from Khaos to Chaos...Chaos to your car and wallet

Not to mention Chaos to your Catalytic Converter.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we should send this to the newspapers... daming ginogoyo ng campo ni planas... as in blatant scam na yun eh, it'll make the stupid politicians who promoted it even dumber.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    we should send this to the newspapers... daming ginogoyo ng campo ni planas... as in blatant scam na yun eh, it'll make the stupid politicians who promoted it even dumber.

i agree...then idemnda c planas for misleading a LOT of people......pwde ba yun?...ano bang legal move ang katapat nyan??

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    damn inventor...laki na kinita nila........

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed

agree too. lalo na ngayon na medyo dumadami write-ups ng khaos sa mga major dailies.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Khaos - Emission Test Results, Conclusion....I hope!!