New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have a friend who is in the market for a new car and his choices are the Mazda 6, Pontiac G6, Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, and Nissan Altima. All would be the V6 variant of the car. I realize that the Pontiac and the Ford probaby isn't sold in the Philippines. I told him if it was my choice I would get the Altima because of the VQ engine, but he is leaning towards the Camry or Pontiac. I don't know why anyone would buy a GM product but he is a GM guy as opposed to me who prefers Ford's(Fix Or Repair Daily). Anyways, as the title say which would you buy?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    1 & 2. camry V6!!!

3. mazda 6
    4. altima

not a fan of american cars so i wouldn't even consider them.

my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd take the Mazda 6.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    buick lacrosse?

forbes just published a "best buys of 2006" cars article.
    that car is listed there.

but they also say the new civic is the best all-around car. unless you need something to impress your boss/clients.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my first choice would be the camry, and the second will be the mazda6.

bakit kaya walang accord?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a toss up between the Mazda6 & Ford Fusion.

if you are after comfort the longer Fusion might do the trick (plus it has been receiving some pretty good reviews)...

if it is sportiness and speed that you want, the AWD 274hp Mazdaspeed Mazda6 will do the trick.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Camry - bread-and-butter family car with great space and long-term dependability.
    6 - Nice looks, handling and fun, but V6 power loses out to the competition.
    Fusion - Similar chassis with 6, but more family-oriented with better space.
    G6 - Good-looking also, but old-technology engine turns me off.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    but he is a GM guy as opposed to me who prefers Ford's(Fix Or Repair Daily).
    He's a GM guy, then he should also consider the all-new 2007 Saturn Aura.

The Aura is the most european-like of all the American GM models based on the GM Epsilon platform.
    Current Engines options:
    224hp 3.5 liter VVT V6
    252hp 3.6 liter DOHC V6
    future model: 2.4 liter Hybrid

All-new 2007 Nissan Altima

Engines options:
    265hp 3.5 liter V6
    165hp 2.5 liter inline-4
    Last edited by AG4; June 13th, 2006 at 09:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Saturn may not be in his price range and he is not a Honda fan. Mazdaspeed out of price range also. He really wants a WRX but wife won't let him have one because he already has too many toys, i.e. 67 VW Kharmann Ghia convertible and a 54 VW Bug, so he has to get a family car. I keep telling him to sell me one of the VW's but he won't sell it he says. Still trying to convince him to get an FJ instead so we can go to the off road park.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among the choices I'd go with the Altima. G6 and Fusion have so-so reviews. The Nissan and Yota are safe bets. But I find the Camry too plain vanilla.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Which would you buy?