New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    even the last batch of Lynx Ghia is as good deal as the RS and CE models.

its got ABS, Airbag, leather, 6CD, sunroof, sunshades, 15" wheels, 4w discs etc like the competition....

being compared to a Mazda 3, the Mazda 3 is actually a replacement to the Mazda Protege which what the Ford Lynx really is. so, its definitely better.
    but it's still a good buy IMO.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I rather choose a manual lynx for a daily drive. Not a fan of A/Ts and automatics are more of a gas guzzler.

But it still boils down as a bang for the buck.

Why don't you take a look at the Focus 1.6. It has the same engine as the Lynx, Z6D. And it's a newer car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    1.6 Mazda 3 rin vote ko.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ill choose the mazda 3 if u want an a/t... Ford cars eats alot of gas... imo...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for all the replies mga repapips. I think I get the drift. I will take a look at the Focus 1.6 then, but for now I'm down to the mazda 3 and civic vti-s. I'm really getting an A/T, as I've developed some kind of gout in my left foot that attacks every so often. And the SUV option, can't afford talaga.

One last thing, if I'm getting any of these ~04-05 cars brand new, would you know of specific branches/authorized dealers that sell them cheaper than the published price? old stock from last year, kumbaga. I was advised to explore that option, minsan daw kasi cheaper na by more than 50k. Or is this even a wise idea?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If matic hanap mo, I highly recommend Altis. just not sure if there are still 04-05 models brand new. You might pay a higher price but you get the quality with that.
    Last edited by an0nim0us; September 14th, 2006 at 09:26 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yes, the Altis is your surest bet. The VTi-S is not as good as previous Civics and the 1.6 3 is simply a handsome handler but a sluggish sprinter. The A/T is a big letdown as the car is intended to be sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Thanks for all the replies mga repapips. I think I get the drift. I will take a look at the Focus 1.6 then, but for now I'm down to the mazda 3 and civic vti-s. I'm really getting an A/T, as I've developed some kind of gout in my left foot that attacks every so often. And the SUV option, can't afford talaga.

One last thing, if I'm getting any of these ~04-05 cars brand new, would you know of specific branches/authorized dealers that sell them cheaper than the published price? old stock from last year, kumbaga. I was advised to explore that option, minsan daw kasi cheaper na by more than 50k. Or is this even a wise idea?
    Gout you say? If you're in your 20s or 30s, it's really early to have that sickness. If I were you, I'd stay away from alcohol and other fatty, high-cholesterol foods. Well, good luck on your health and car!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ditto on the Altis if you're looking for a fuel-efficient AT.

The Mazda3 1.6 ain't bad in economy, though... cousin gets 10 km/l in daily driving... and he's on bling-bling 17's. He used to complain about his mileage, then retracted his statement when he realized it wasn't his car that was the problem...

...just the cost of gas...

And yes, it feels a hell of a lot more special than the other choices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I agree that Mazda 3 is a good option but too many on the streets already... you may want to buy the Focus 1.6 instead to be different... they have the same platform anyway

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Focus 1.6 vs Mazda 1.6... the Focus has really cheap plastic inserts and materials on the doors as compared to the 1.8 and 2.0 Focus or even the base Mazda 1.6.

I'm willing to forgive that, though, if only because of the rear-AC availability. I still think it's not worth it in AT trim... better to get the MT. The MT is still sluggish, but at least it doesn't have that horrible shifting logic or consumption the AT has. Driving the race-trim TRS Focus is pretty nice, lighter, with great handling, but the stock factory version isn't bad. One of my clubmates left a lasting negative impression upon the Ford SA during the test drive by driving the wheels off one.
    Last edited by niky; September 18th, 2006 at 05:58 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Why is the Lynx Ghia not as popular as mazda 3, altis, civic?