New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I know there's a thread running comparing the civic, 3 and altis; but i wanted to include the lynx ghia in the picture. I'm having the same dilemma on which to buy among these 4. I'm getting a brand-new car, A/T, and I'm limiting my options to these models kasi ito lang kaya ng budget (would have wanted the new civic or altis 1.8 G if i had more money). I'm seriously considering getting the Lynx Ghia because of all the add-ons (sunroof, leather seats, airbags, etc.), but I've been wondering why the mazda 3 is more popular, when in fact both the lynx and mazda 3 share a similar production technology. Is there something I don't know about the lynx ghia? After-sales difficulty? Lemon cases? Help!

If not the lynx, should i get the mazda 3 instead? Or the civic vtis?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Mazda 3 is newer and sportier. IMHO the only Lynx worth getting is the RS and the CE versions.

If you really want a Ford, look at the Focus din.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IMO, a Compact SUV is the best vehicle to get nowadays. More utility and same comfort with same if not better mileage. More useful in sudden floods too.
    Last edited by Horsepower; September 13th, 2006 at 02:52 AM. Reason: secret

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanong lang. we just got a fresh lynx ghia for 230k, deal or no deal?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Define fresh?

Details? What year model is it?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2000 model.

low mileage
    fresh exterior and interior

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Di ko talaga type yung Lynx eh. With the exception of the RS model! hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako hehe sa totoo lang i dont really care about the car, hehe ang important lang magamit ng kid sister ko ng maayos hehe. kakakuha lang kasi. ;) id love to test drive it hehe tignan ko kung pwede na

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2000 Ghia is a decent car. Lots of kit, but I'm not sure if the 2000 is as well loaded as later models.

Better try to find a 2002 up, or find out if the Ghia being offered to you already has a replacement cam position sensor. The 2001 and below Lynxes have a problem with that particular sensor. It's less than 5k to fix, and the replacement part is an upgraded design (should last much much longer) but it's better if the first owner has done it already, to save you the trouble.

Best din, if it's a manual. Medyo thirsty ang automatics. Pero its a nice car to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The first iteration of the Lynx seems to be more of a girl car. Good thing they facelifted it after a few years, adding some masculinity to its design. Ford also hasn't made its mark here unlike Honda and Toyota. Although the Mazda3 earned huge acclaim on looks alone, there's still the need to prove a car's worth in other areas, like reliability, practicality and fuel economy. Some say the Lynx isn't really efficient, and parts aren't as cheap as the econobox mainstays like the Corolla.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Why is the Lynx Ghia not as popular as mazda 3, altis, civic?