New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Drag slow budget cars... Good idea hehe.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    a drag race or a hillclimb race using more-than-a-decade-old stock compact sedans! sounds soooooooo exciting!
    And what does that have to do with what used car is good to buy? The one whose engine didn't blow up before the finish line?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehehe kawawa naman yung newbie got ganged up... Anyway just for the sake of answering this question, Civic VTi gets my vote.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    uphill race? Kennon Road (seeing that you're from Baguio)?? :naughty2:

please tell me that you're not planning on doing that....
    Ano yan? Initial D ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Drag slow budget cars... Good idea hehe.
    well, back in the day (wow! I am old!) I have seen people drag race vehicles like the Kia Pride vs Diahatsu Charade or even vans like the Lite Ace.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... Daihatsu Charade... swap in the GTTi engine (turbo Charade) and you've got a 1 liter car that can outdrag a Honda Civic.

If Kennon Road is on the cards and we're talking about stock cars, down to the tires, I'd put the Civic and the Sentra at the top of that list. This is the Super Saloon Sentra... the Exalta models completely lost the plot in the suspension department, the late 90's Corollas were way too soft (as stock) and the Lancer's handling at the time was just too numb. Of course, if we include the Mazdaspeed Familia and the Lynx GSi (which bowed in in 1998), the story would be a little different... the Familia had a great suspension and the GSi was even better, though it's not exactly powerful.
    Last edited by niky; July 7th, 2009 at 10:02 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
    if uphill maybe the sentra

sentra's have good torque
    because of the DOHC engine, that's why... lots of torque...

they are correct, its quite pointless. but i have driven all of these cars, and i would say the civic could be the fastest.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Ano yan? Initial D ?

might try it on Halsema.. .... just kidding.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sentra ECCS ako...lamig ng aircon

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree that it is pointless to make it a basis for buying a car, that there are different factors involved and each car has its own strengths and weaknesses but if i had to choose something to run (race!!!???) on Kennon Road then i'd buy the Sentra mainly because its a car i'm familiar with... although i'm sure those for-hire van drivers plying the Baguio - Pangasinan route in their L300s, H100s, Hiace Commuters and Urvans will still outrun most of the cars mentioned. hehehehe.

I agree also on the Mazda 323/Ford Lynx.

In the end, it still boils down to who's driving what. I'll vote for the Sentra driven by Niky... given he decides to turn off the a/c... hehehehe.
    Last edited by vinj; July 8th, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast