New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Userfriendly, approximately how much for inspection 2? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    empy, so the 316i & 318i are out & it's either the 320, 325, 330 [i or d]

ale828, you must know diesel. I too enjoy getting the full torque of diesels at just 2k rpm. you need to hit 4.5 to 5k rpm for full torque on gas engines. the savings from the pump & better FC really sweetens the pot. but gas engines are silkier.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    5 (540, 545), 6, 7 series are the true BMW. The rest of the lesser bimmer are made in whatever country. So make sure that 5 series start w/ 540(older model) 545 (newer model) if is not, think hard of your buck. Like they said, your paying for an ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE and what youve got is not an ULTIMATE at all. GO HONDA.
    4.4 V8 for a daily driver? Even I'd be sorry.

Oh yeah, GO (away please, my) HONDA!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17M View Post
    Userfriendly; Thanks for the heads up on those "Stealerships". Did I understand you correctly - there are reliable "Non-Casa" shops out there for BMW parts & service?
    Am now trying out Autotechnika. Having my ECU reflashed... gogogo M20!

Had a falling out with Basic kasi. But Hahn here in Panay Ave is good enough for regular maintenance. Cheap pa.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    17M,

Yes, there are reliable shops that can service your BMW. There is a thread here somewhere about shops that service BMWs. Sorry, too lazy to search for you.

Cant find our record, so cant say how much inspection 2 costs.

BTW, it should be oil service, inspection 1, oil service, inspection 2, oil service and so on.

Flagg,

Pls give us feed back on Autotechnika. I'll try Hahn, they have the coolant expansion tank that I need in stock.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Metro Manila traffic condition is very cruel to a V8 engine. It's like keeping a german shepherd or any big hunting or working dog caged.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    17M,

Yes, there are reliable shops that can service your BMW. There is a thread here somewhere about shops that service BMWs. Sorry, too lazy to search for you.

Cant find our record, so cant say how much inspection 2 costs.

BTW, it should be oil service, inspection 1, oil service, inspection 2, oil service and so on.

Flagg,

Pls give us feed back on Autotechnika. I'll try Hahn, they have the coolant expansion tank that I need in stock.
    Userfriendly, it's good to know that there are options other than "casa". Better still if these alternative shops allow you to watch while they're working on your car. I like to watch & learn - very interesting & a good way to bond w/ your car.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Had also good experience with Autovec(e.rodriguez, cubao) in the past, if it's still around. You can also walk around their work area and watch as the work progresses. The german owner is also very accomodating, and will work personally with your car if needed. I think he was a former mechanic of BMW Germany.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Had also good experience with Autovec(e.rodriguez, cubao) in the past, if it's still around. You can also walk around their work area and watch as the work progresses. The german owner is also very accomodating, and will work personally with your car if needed. I think he was a former mechanic of BMW Germany.
    Do 'non-casa' shops have the special tools & equipment [like engine analyzer or is it tech 2 analyzer, not sure] to service bimmers? What kind of parts support do they have, original, surplus, replacement? Please enlighten me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 17M View Post
    Do 'non-casa' shops have the special tools & equipment [like engine analyzer or is it tech 2 analyzer, not sure] to service bimmers? What kind of parts support do they have, original, surplus, replacement? Please enlighten me.
    I can only speak for Autovec as i haven't had any experience with the others. I believe they have all the tools & equipment needed to service BMWs, as they're working on a lot of them in their warehouse. They have original & surplus parts, though some they may have to order from Germany, just like casas do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
What Model BMW?