New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27 View Post
    You might want to read this before you get the 2007 sentra 1.3:

http://www.nissanbayan.com/forums/in...t=1252404&st=0
    Well... most of those are rattles... and there are lots of similar complaints for early Honda City sedans.

The shocks thing is distressing, though... seems Nissan still uses shocks that are too soft. But the issue is the same on some Corollas. Soft shocks plus lowering = blown shocks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    First of all I'm quite amazed at this thread, correct me if I'm wrong but does the sentra even belong in this group of subcompacts?... Sorry just a newbie and balikbayan here. Actually never that familiar with those city and vios? just now that I see those small cars. .. familiar with the honda fit aka jazz, nissan versa and toyota yaris.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue1108 View Post
    sad to say but i'm not a fan of the new sentras. there is a reason why they are not selling as well as toyota and honda. don't get me wrong, i used to drive a SS sentra eccs nung college pa ko which i loved very much. but the latter models simply did not have any "appeal". kya cguro ang lakas mgbigay ng freebies and discounts ng nissan dealerships...to quote a popular car mag "nissan needs to start making great cars again and not just great car commercials" plus of the 3 cars, sentra had the most number of complaints kahit brand new. hopefully narectify na ng nissan phils yng mga concerns na yun with their new models bago pa tuluyng masira reputation nila...
    wooow... is Nissan Phil. really that bad?! or your just specifying a particular model only w/c unfrotunately is their best seller- the local sentra N16 (too bad you don't have the experience of owning a b15, back in cali..it's grrrrreat! ;)). Considering nissan together with toyota and honda are called the Big 3 Japanese automakers worlwdide? My brother here uses a local 2005 "phatrol", I never hear him complaining about it the way he is to he's fortuner... and from my more "mature" relatives input here (ones that works and has a bit of high position in ther buss. sector here) its is still according to them one of the major players here in the local automotive buss.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    First of all I'm quite amazed at this thread, correct me if I'm wrong but does the sentra even belong in this group of subcompacts?... Sorry just a newbie and balikbayan here. Actually never that familiar with those city and vios? just now that I see those small cars. .. familiar with the honda fit aka jazz, nissan versa and toyota yaris.

wooow... is Nissan Phil. really that bad?! or your just specifying a particular model only w/c unfrotunately is their best seller- the local sentra N16 (too bad you don't have the experience of owning a b15, back in cali..it's grrrrreat! ;)). Considering nissan together with toyota and honda are called the Big 3 Japanese automakers worlwdide? My brother here uses a local 2005 "phatrol", I never hear him complaining about it the way he is to he's fortuner... and from my more "mature" relatives input here (ones that works and has a bit of high position in ther buss. sector here) its is still according to them one of the major players here in the local automotive buss.
    Sentra is included in this comparison, coz first they are almost at the same price range, and they are all 1.3, maybe sa inyo sa states wala ng corny 1.3 engine for the sentra.
    Well, nissan the brand suffers from bad rep before pa... you know naman how we pinoys are so into the "sabi ni ano.. ganyan daw yan... etc." It's reasons such as pricey parts, questionable quality daw... etc. same thing happened for sometime to mitsu, mazda lalo na korean cars.. but that's not all true. Coming from you who has been in the west its a totally diff. story outside the Phil. huh?. I don't blame you. But It's the N16 that has been in the lemon side of things these past few months for nissan, but it's more of the kalampag story lang naman... Funny thing is I know some who is in the taxi buss. ok namn daw N16 nila (vios and N16 1.3 sentra are used as cabs here). other local nissan cars naman are all good. But it's spot in the Big 3 Japanese car maker worldwide will not be affected, pero dito it is...

Hey buti ka pa nakakita na ng B15!! You drove it? I've heard the B13 and B15 made the biggest impact in the sentra series in the west, tama ba?

As for the choices it will be the li'l Jazz for me.. roomy ha for it's size and good lookin. The sentra also maganda esp. pag black (stock paint) or custom painted..watch out lang for pag napunta sayo yung may kalampag.. ha ha. City and vios, never did like how they look kahit pormahan parang "trying hard" in my personal opinion lang ha, but quality wise esp. the vios is good, city may lemony side din as per some friends who owns the said car.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I got valuable inputs in here. Great thread for someone new to car stuff! I am also having trouble deciding between toyota 07 vios and honda city/jazz. Is it still advisable to buy a city/jazz since probably in the upcoming months honda might release a new (and I presume better) city/jazz models? Piliin ko na sana yung new vios but the AT model is beyond my budget. Same as sir jing, my budget is only around 650K. I really like the looks and stance of jazz but nakakahinayang naman bumili kung may lalabas bigla na bagong generation.

Thanks!

Glad to have discovered this forum.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nandito na naman tong "batopeek" na troll na to? Di ka dapat dito sa tsikot!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ...mukhang msyado mraming spare time c sir batopeek...
    sensya na sir, hindi po kmi hanap away dito. mghanap n lng kyo ng ibang pagtitripan. bkit hindi k n lng mag abang sa macapagal at dun mo ilabas yng tapang mo...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i soft deleted the post of this flamer, anyway... tuloy ang discussion he is now banned

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by necrobar View Post
    I got valuable inputs in here. Great thread for someone new to car stuff! I am also having trouble deciding between toyota 07 vios and honda city/jazz. Is it still advisable to buy a city/jazz since probably in the upcoming months honda might release a new (and I presume better) city/jazz models? Piliin ko na sana yung new vios but the AT model is beyond my budget. Same as sir jing, my budget is only around 650K. I really like the looks and stance of jazz but nakakahinayang naman bumili kung may lalabas bigla na bagong generation.

The New look Jazz will come out in Japan late this year, It will be unveiled only at the upcoming Tokyo Motor show. so expected time to arrive in our shores is probably Late 2008 or early 2009. That the earliest. The current jazz came out in the Phil in the middle to last quarter of 2004 but came out in japan in 2002. The new jazz might not immediately come out here probably a 1-2 year wait for the new model especially if the new Jazz will sell like hotcakes in other parts of the world and manufacturing production can't keep up with demand.

So you can get the jazz without worrying about a new model coming out. Plus Honda resale value is solid and very good and expect to sell the Jazz at a better value than if you got a Sentra.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thank you sir ale828! the decision then is already made for me. tagal pa pala nun. we are 2 years behind pala in terms of new models. I'll go with the jazz then. see you all on the road...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just bought a Sentra. Best looking of the lot & I sure don't have problems with the one I just bought. I am happy with it and am using it for relaxed drives. The Hyundai Getz CRDi is a better choice if you are looking for economy, quality, and performance. Forget about resale value... a car is not an investment... when buying one, you should think of economy of operation, fit and finish, as well as the sheer joy of driving it. I'd just buy a Honda Jazz or City for my sister... its such an eyesore, I couldn't care less if she dents it a thousand times or drives it like a bump car as long as she doesn't hurt anyone else.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
VIOS or SENTRA or CITY or JAZZ