New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    mga sirs...after many years of pagiipon at hardwork...i may now have the privilege of owning a bnew car.. my target is this coming Sept.
    ang preferred ko is 1.3L M/T. All within the bracket of SRP PhP 650K and below.
    please help me choose which among these is the best pick in terms of,
    - fuel mileage
    - resale value after, say four years
    - cost of maintenance, inclusive of parts and labor
    - a little porma
    - after sales services

I know, one model is better than the other among these categories, so kindly write all of your comments/ideas.

my choices are limited to,
    - vios, 1.3L M/T
    - sentra, GS 1.3 M/T (however di ko marecall kung GS nga ba o GX un 1.3L)
    - honda city 1.3 M/T
    - honda jazz 1.3 M/T

thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Prices

'07 Vios 1.3 E MT - PHP 649,000.00
    City 1.3 S MT - PHP 625,000.00
    Jazz 1.3 S MT - PHP 650,000.00
    Sentra 1.3 GX MT power- PHP 630,000.00

- fuel mileage

Vios, City, and Jazz all have very similar gas consumption. They can easily do 10-15km/li or even better depending on traffic condition and driving habits. Not so sure about the Sentra's consumption. But I reckon with its bigger (therefore heavier) body and old-tech engine, it will not consume as well as the sub compacts. And I don't know if Nissan's engine is modern enough to operate efficiently in the same standards set by Toyota's 2NZ-FE and Honda's I-DSi engines.

- resale value after, say four years

Vios will certainly top this among all and followed by the Jazz, City and Sentra.

- cost of maintenance, inclusive of parts and labor

All four should be quite close in this aspect. Vios and Sentra has the edge over the Hondas. The 2007 Vios shares a majority of its mechanical parts with the '03-'06 Vios. The Sentra GX's body has essentially been around since 2002-03. So certainly there is an abundance of parts for Toyota and Nissan, which is also not implying that Honda are hard to come by.

PS: I read in the other forum threads. Both Hondas uses more spark plugs?

- a little porma

This is quite subjective. In terms of exterior appearance, I like the Jazz the best, followed by '07 Vios, City and the least is the Sentra. In terms of interior appointment and design, I like the '07 Vios the best, Jazz and City are tied (they share the same dash and most interior components with each other) and the least is the Sentra.

- after sales services

This will depend on which dealer you would get your car from.

My pick:

2007 Toyota Vios 1.3 E M/T - AFAIK, it has the better safety features ( ABS, Driver's air bag) compared to the other three cars.
    Last edited by number001; August 24th, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    maraming salamat, number001!
    very informative and objective comments.
    keep it coming guys..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Sentra's have stone-age simple rear suspensions (very little can go wrong with them), a timing chain for the engine (never needs replacement for the life of the vehicle), and very cold a/c systems.

It's the GX that's 1.3. There's also a GX power package (windows and locks) and they're throwing in the alloy wheels for free.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Jazz for me gustong-gusto ko ang porma

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i would like just to add. if you need more space ofcourse the sentra.

for me, vios '07 is the best of the bunch. toyota has cheaper maintenance rather than of the honda's..

vios for me.. toyota quality, reliability and best reputation..

dami pang murang parts kahit saan na auto supply lalo na sa banawe..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Please note that the prices doesn't include comprehensive insurance yet. Unless a free insurance promo will be dished-out by the dealership. So you must prepare for an additional cost of more or less P25k. If your 650K budget is solely intended for the price of the car then its ok to choose anything you would like in the listings.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    restituto - i have considered the cost for insurance, chattel, 3-years LTO reg, on top of the SRP in my budget.
    so as not to confuse and to have a sound discussion, i stated my car choices and category for deciding which one.
    i just need viable inputs to help me somehow decide.

otep - you're right, nissan is throwing in the mags, backing sensor, chattel and LTO reg, and some more items for free. today, i will go to toyota and honda to know my options. thanks!

Xt7 & Syuryuken - correct, vios have more cheaper parts while jazz is more classy. hay sus...kaya hirap magdecide e. have to weight which is more important for me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Xt7 View Post
    i would like just to add. if you need more space ofcourse the sentra.

for me, vios '07 is the best of the bunch. toyota has cheaper maintenance rather than of the honda's..

vios for me.. toyota quality, reliability and best reputation..

dami pang murang parts kahit saan na auto supply lalo na sa banawe..

Di totoong mahal i-maintain ang Nissan. Sa tatlo mong choice Sentra pinakamura i-maintain. Ilalaban ko sa patibayan ang sentra compare dun sa dalawa mong choice.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For me the '07 Vios maganda, all-new, mura ang maintenanace, at lastly Toyota.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
VIOS or SENTRA or CITY or JAZZ