New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Subukan mo pa i-drive yung Grand Starex VGT Magiging underpowered yang GRX CRDi hahahaha
    Talaga bro? Real world driving?

For sure there's more power and twist in the GS, but then there's more weight, too. Parang they did a power to weight comparo of the Gen 3 CRDi and GS CRDi on the TeamHyundai board and the Gen 3 had a better power to weight ratio. Anyhow, that's an on-paper comparo only, so real world driving should prove/reject that.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "underpowered" is relative. are we delivering a load of eggs, or are we racing the indy 500? honestly, i have never had a car or van that is so underpowered, it can't go up the spiral parking ramp of ... including the classic air-cooled kombi!
    OT lang - Ako nakakita na ako - was leaving the basement parking of my previous office building in Makati, and was wondering why it was taking so long for the line to move. Turned out that there was a Norkis Legacy which couldn't make it out of the basement parking spiral upramp - it would move back down, build up speed, start it's way up, then lose momentum and then start sliding back down Good thing the exit ramp was wide, what they eventually did was have the car parked at the very side of the ramp, which freed up enough space for other vehicles to pass

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    OT lang - Ako nakakita na ako - was leaving the basement parking of my previous office building in Makati, and was wondering why it was taking so long for the line to move. Turned out that there was a Norkis Legacy which couldn't make it out of the basement parking spiral upramp - it would move back down, build up speed, start it's way up, then lose momentum and then start sliding back down Good thing the exit ramp was wide, what they eventually did was have the car parked at the very side of the ramp, which freed up enough space for other vehicles to pass
    Haha! Just found out that its engine only spews out 40hp and 54Nm. I wonder how it got out of the parking lot?

*TS: So ano na? Have you made your choice?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Talaga bro? Real world driving?

For sure there's more power and twist in the GS, but then there's more weight, too. Parang they did a power to weight comparo of the Gen 3 CRDi and GS CRDi on the TeamHyundai board and the Gen 3 had a better power to weight ratio. Anyhow, that's an on-paper comparo only, so real world driving should prove/reject that.
    Iba parin ang hatak ng GS, bro.

Ang best na paraan para malaman ang totoo, drag racing Dapat excellent condition pa yung GRX A/T na ilalaban sa GS CVX A/T

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kawawa naman yung Norkis Legacy na yun. A diesel SUV with a metal bumper could give it a push, hehehe!

*SG,
    Sabagay, it's not all power to weight. Like I said, on paper lang naman yung comparo. Can't include the effect of the transmission on paper. Palagay ko an improved automatic transmission did wonders for the GS. Yung sa Gen 3, on low rpms, kala mo hindi CRDi.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Oo nga bro. Actually nabasa ko dito sa tsikot sluggish daw yung Gen 3 CRDi unless pipigain mo. Siguro dahil talaga sa tranny, kasi diba ang tranny nyan pareho pa sa gen 2 SVX / Club A/T non-CRDi?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I don't know how a GRX CRDI A/T drives like, pero based sa experience ko malaki diperensya ng GRX TCI A/T namin compared sa GS CVX A/T namin, night and day ang difference in terms of hatak.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Haha! Just found out that its engine only spews out 40hp and 54Nm. I wonder how it got out of the parking lot?

*TS: So ano na? Have you made your choice?
    Di ko na rin alam - umalis na ako eh, ang tagal rin kasi naghihintay Pero dalawa pa sila sa loob ng kotse - yun nga lang, babae yung passenger, so malamang hindi nya naman pinatulak yung kotse nya dun

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    *SG,
    Sabagay, it's not all power to weight. Like I said, on paper lang naman yung comparo. Can't include the effect of the transmission on paper. Palagay ko an improved automatic transmission did wonders for the GS. Yung sa Gen 3, on low rpms, kala mo hindi CRDi.
    You are most probably right, bro.

Like I said earlier, I perceive more power and better handling driving our GS TCi A/T vs. our then Gen3 GRX TCi A/T.

Note that on paper, the GS is 500Kg heavier than the Gen3. And, both engines spew the same range of HP/Torque(?)....

Well.....

11.8K:burn:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Oo nga bro. Actually nabasa ko dito sa tsikot sluggish daw yung Gen 3 CRDi unless pipigain mo. Siguro dahil talaga sa tranny, kasi diba ang tranny nyan pareho pa sa gen 2 SVX / Club A/T non-CRDi?
    Yup. Parang 2-2.5K rpm pa talaga sumisipa yung turbo. Anything less than that, and it's pretty slow. Above that, you get a freight train wanting to break free. Imagine that you can try drifting upward on a spiraling parking ramp. Hahaha! It's a bit difficult to modulate how you step on the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I don't know how a GRX CRDI A/T drives like, pero based sa experience ko malaki diperensya ng GRX TCI A/T namin compared sa GS CVX A/T namin, night and day ang difference in terms of hatak.
    Well, with the same tranny, the GRX CRDI A/T should wallop the GRX TCI A/T. What more the GS CRDI. Hehehe! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

You are most probably right, bro.

Like I said earlier, I perceive more power and better handling driving our GS TCi A/T vs. our then Gen3 GRX TCi A/T.

Note that on paper, the GS is 500Kg heavier than the Gen3. And, both engines spew the same range of HP/Torque(?)....

Well.....

11.8K:burn:
    At least it's great to know Hyundai made improvements, no matter how small they may seem to be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Van Anyone?