New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Optra-

A GM badged Suzuki, Daewoo and a Chevrolet. A world car sold in the USA, europe and the rest of Asia. Passed the strict Euro 4 emissions of EU, and the strict quality control and Consumer Reports of the USA.

ASTRA-

A down-to-earth german engineered car. Very popular in Germany and in UK.

I do not like Japanese cars so I will have any of these.

Ooops, my avatar pala is an OPEL so I guess biased ako.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    ahh..lets pit them against each other:
    astra and optra.
    both powered by almost the same engine,
    both handled by almost crappy dealership,
    both subject to lemon,
    both have sa resale value that rivals any nissan cars
    both can be great cars and a pain in the ass
    both cars are under-rated.
    and both are almost not worthy to have this threaded discussion.
    if these are your only choices, which is it?
    astra(sedan/wagon-all line-up and locally released editions)
    vs.
    optra(sedan/wagon-->all line-up and locally released ed)
    let the thread poster decide amongst these two....
    ps: just leave the year model difference, ok?concentrate sa ride, handling, parts, maintence, and the ups&downs of the two only. data basis please. no flaming and minimize the OT.
    Ouch, sakit mo naman magsalita with regards to the cars mentioned... if you read all the posts/threads here at tsikot forum you can see that other cars like toyota, honda, mitsubishi, nissan, etc. also have the worse crappy dealership/service, they are also subject to lemon, with regards to resale value it depends how the car is being maintained, milages, year model etc...

furthermore, if you notice majority of those who criticize Optra's are the one don't even drive or owned one...

sorry po. just to stir it up...

well, di ko naman nilahat,e.. keyword: almost and subject.

dont mean anything bad. peace! :victory:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    words "subject to", "can be", "are almost", were used by alwayz_yummy to define descriptions that could be subject for debate. So it can't be that bad. Peace! :victory:

BTW, if availability of parts ain't part of the comparo, both should do well. If it is, then both ain't a good buy as you tend to wait from 2 weeks to 2 months just to wait for parts that may or may not even arrive at all.

EDIT: Thanks Sir OTEP for the info. Sarap sampalin ng GM pag ung Thunder na 'to eh mas nagiistock pa ng parts ng Optra compared sa casas nila.

yun nga. yan ang di nacocover ng most comparo,e. i didnt say they're bad, pero may bad at good, just like any car.

hooked din naman ako sa cars na ito, i'm not brand concious kasi,e.. for data base ko po to. comparison lang. hirap icompare ung separates threads so made ako ng 1 straight comparo about this 2 uncommon, under-rated and under-appreciated beautiful cars. much much silang undervalued than nissan,e....so its a better buy sa 2ndhand market.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Add ko lang, Thunder also stocks parts for Opels. Diyan ako nagpatanong kay mbt ng Tigra taillamp dati.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    true... gm is getting their parts at thunder. main branch of thunder is in masangkay st, binondo. they have a warehouse on the opposite side of their shop. tried many times finding parts in almost all of the gm autoworld branches. they dont stock it. luckily thunder automotive and nemerson, both located in binondo, carry them.

parang maxima ko lang pala din, parts are easy if you know where to go and get them..feasible na din talaga....

how about guys na based sa provinces na optra/astra owners?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    optra underrated? dont think so.

kung quality ang paguusapan... sa german technology na ako kesa sa korean. kaya i'll go for astra.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
unlikely comparo: astra and optra