New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    *leodawesome hahaha same sa kapitbahay namin pero may turnilyo yun kanila. pero talagang maingay ang makina ng Crosswind

pag nasa garahe kami at naka ON ang engine ng TB namin at Crosswind ng kapitbahay, nagmumukang gas ang TB sa ingay ng Crosswind lol

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    We have finally decided and made a deposit for the tbz ltx yesterday. It was a 4-0 vote and I would like to believe build quality was the biggest factor. Will pick up the unit next week once I have time to get it. My concern is I might not be able to sleep until then.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    To the TS,

I'd start from what improvements does your Mom want from her last car. If she's always on the go then dashboard perks would hardly get noticed. I think the cars strong points would most likely steer in the areas of seating comfort plus added seat control features, Strong air conditioner, comfortable suspension or at least it should not be matagtag, ideal compartment loading as well as passenger seating, Good driver view and preferably no blind spots, a decent entertainment set and most importantly a strong but low maintenance engine. If the MU-X or any other vehicle comes close to these features then your Mom would most likely enjoy it. Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    ^Thanks! It will be her first. As ive said in my first post she's not techie. She's after good looks but not the macho kind of look. Id like her to be comfortable in it whether she's driving or as a passenger but knowing her, shed probably would prefer to be passenger so she can do phone transactions, etc on her way to suppliers. She might just ignore the entertainment features since wala pa naman syang apo na mangungulit ng disney movies or what not 😁 she'l probably listen to AM news for the latest typhoon than FM pop songs. lol.
    MU-X tech stuffs are sweet but the car isnt for me, its for my mom who really dont bother with the latest android or iphone, how much more with bluetooth and voice command. I bet she can be happy with a nokia 5110 as long as it serves the purpose and easy to use.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha07 View Post
    MU-X tech stuffs are sweet but the car isnt for me, its for my mom who really dont bother with the latest android or iphone, how much more with bluetooth and voice command. I bet she can be happy with a nokia 5110 as long as it serves the purpose and easy to use.
    Well then IMHO what she needs is very basic. Your dilemma is more on how YOU want to choose for her. Here's an easier way to decide, ISUZU MU-X, latest model from a company with a good history of reliable engine performance with perky features not to mention a noisy engine. Trailblazer of whatever variant, a new contender with a more powerful engine and a current market favorite along with it's contemporaries like the Montero and Fortuner, etc. Whatever people say about these two, you or your Mom's test ride will attest to your decision. In the end we as car buyers will have to rely on our good relationship with our vendors for warranties, PMS servicing and vehicle care. I have a neighbor who bought a Starex CVX a week apart from mine last December. His unit looks and runs oddly different though we have exactly the same model and batch. He just rides it like hell but mine, well it is treated with a lot of TLC. So no matter how same or different vehicles we compare them with it will still boil down to how much use we subject them to and what unit we believe can handle that kind of abuse.

PS.
    I'd let your MOM do the test ride herself and be satisfied with her choice. It is going to be her car after all and besides they are all good cars anyway.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Timing gear pa rin ba yung mga bagong isuzu?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    May nakita ako sa Fisher Mall nakadisplay na MUX

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Top-spec'd 4x4 MU-X or Trailblazer -> Trailblazer wins

Top-spec'd 4x2 MU-X or Trailblazer -> MU-X wins

Parts & Service MU-X or Trailblazer -> I tend to believe Isuzu will win here.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Ts ,it's your moms'preference ,tell her the pros and cons and ask,which place she wants to visit,JAPAN or the USA(what's in the name)btt,parts and maintenance wise,hands down ,MU-X

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Top-spec'd 4x4 MU-X or Trailblazer -> Trailblazer wins

Top-spec'd 4x2 MU-X or Trailblazer -> MU-X wins

Parts & Service MU-X or Trailblazer -> I tend to believe Isuzu will win here.

Engine POWER and torque- trailblazer wins..

Engine smoothness and quietness - Trailblazer wins

Size - Trailblazer is bigger

Interior - IMO better and Trailblazer

Originality... MUx is a copy... it copied the TBLAZER....

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Trailblazer or MU-X