New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    54
    #1
    Hi mga Sirs, need your advice for these 3 vehicles planning to purchase on March or April.

    FC
    Reliability
    Performance
    After sales support
    Parts and Maintenance

    The car will be used in city driving and sometimes it will be used in highway and province.



    Thank you.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,937
    #2
    I wanted to start a Suzuki Celerio CVT vs Mitsu Mirage GLX CVT thread... But wanted to check if an earlier thread is available...

    Will watch this closely...

    ***

    Rented a Mirage G4 GLS last December and I honesty wasn't very happy with it, I think the GLX will be better (since it's also cheaper)

    Celerio looks tempting... Will have to test drive one soon.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,972
    #3
    Will also be following this thread. I will be buying a small car for the CinC in a year.

    Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,937
    #5
    Hmmm. wala atang progress itong thread...

    I'm looking at Mirage GLX CVT (PHP 621K) vs Celerio 1.0L CVT (569K)

    1. Pagod na ako mag rent ng car kapag nasa Manila.
    2. I want something cheap - wife wants a Mobilio or a Jazz or Vios, so this is still up for debate.

    I rented the Mirage GLS G4 last Christmas... I was really not happy... But the price of the GLX looks good for the car.

    Celerio is tempting, I'm thinking it was designed with Indians in mind so a regular sized guy + head gear should fit.

    Some points I can see from the spec sheet (I haven't driven the Celerio)

    Celerio
    - head unit will need upgrading + reverse camera
    - split folding seats is a big plus

    Mirage
    - I think it needs a rear spoiler

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,037
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Hmmm. wala atang progress itong thread...

    I'm looking at Mirage GLX CVT (PHP 621K) vs Celerio 1.0L CVT (569K)

    1. Pagod na ako mag rent ng car kapag nasa Manila.
    2. I want something cheap - wife wants a Mobilio or a Jazz or Vios, so this is still up for debate.

    I rented the Mirage GLS G4 last Christmas... I was really not happy... But the price of the GLX looks good for the car.

    Celerio is tempting, I'm thinking it was designed with Indians in mind so a regular sized guy + head gear should fit.

    Some points I can see from the spec sheet (I haven't driven the Celerio)

    Celerio
    - head unit will need upgrading + reverse camera
    - split folding seats is a big plus

    Mirage
    - I think it needs a rear spoiler
    what about a basic vios?
    my 4 year old wigo is still with us. ok naman.
    a tsikoteer reviewed the celerio. he says it's good... better than wigo. daw.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,772
    #7
    ^^^ Why not just opt for a City E or Jazz V? These are the better built than a Mirage or Celerio but they are priced past 800k+ already. The good thing is that your wife would like them.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,937
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what about a basic vios?
    my 4 year old wigo is still with us. ok naman.
    a tsikoteer reviewed the celerio. he says it's good... better than wigo. daw.
    required ang automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^ Why not just opt for a City E or Jazz V? These are the better built than a Mirage or Celerio but they are priced past 800k+ already. The good thing is that your wife would like them.
    I suddenly feel like ginamit ng wife ko yung account mo (in an argument, I told her why not Corolla or Civic)

    Kaso di kaya sa Garage ng mom ko (ayoko naman iwan sa in laws ko yung car)

    Plus my daughter will start driving this year (pang practice muna). Habang wala pa condo namin, I was thinking of something small and cheap (kaya I'm choosing between the 2)

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,772
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post


    I suddenly feel like ginamit ng wife ko yung account mo (in an argument, I told her why not Corolla or Civic)

    Kaso di kaya sa Garage ng mom ko (ayoko naman iwan sa in laws ko yung car)

    Plus my daughter will start driving this year (pang practice muna). Habang wala pa condo namin, I was thinking of something small and cheap (kaya I'm choosing between the 2)
    Yep, why not Civic or Altis or Jetta na lang? Kung kaya naman sa budget.

    However, a subcompact is the more practical option. Since you are leaning more towards a hatchback, the Jazz is one good choice.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,937
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yep, why not Civic or Altis or Jetta na lang? Kung kaya naman sa budget.

    However, a subcompact is the more practical option. Since you are leaning more towards a hatchback, the Jazz is one good choice.
    I agree, Jazz is a better car.

    But we'll only use it kapag nandyan kami sa Manila. So the car will just depreciate sa garage

    at least kung something small, cheap and economical - di gaanong masakit...

    so kung 2 car lang pag pipilian... Mirage GLX or Celerio?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Toyota wigo G A/T vs Suzuki Celerio CVT vs Mitsu Mirage GLX CVT