New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    There are some APV Taxis here in Iloilo. Especially in the Airport.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    These are shuttle taxis sir vioser. Point to point lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoshi_637 View Post
    IMHO kahit anong 1.3L engine (designed for fuel economy) talagang mahihirapan sa akyatan pag maraming sakay. lalu na kung ang degree ng slope ay matarik + ang bigat pa ng sakay, sa tingin ko hindi naman ito design para sa ganito, akyatan. Walong tao? (that's 1.6 times than your regular 1.3L powered car) you need a bigger horepower-gas guzzler engine (madami pa siguro kayong gamit, what an abuse sa car).

I have a 1.3 jimny pero hindi nahirapan in Baguio its even A/T with 5 Adults on board and Luggage on its roof.

Mas hirap nga siya sa NLEX.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoshi_637 View Post
    IMHO kahit anong 1.3L engine (designed for fuel economy) talagang mahihirapan sa akyatan pag maraming sakay. lalu na kung ang degree ng slope ay matarik + ang bigat pa ng sakay, sa tingin ko hindi naman ito design para sa ganito, akyatan. Walong tao? (that's 1.6 times than your regular 1.3L powered car) you need a bigger horepower-gas guzzler engine (madami pa siguro kayong gamit, what an abuse sa car).
    The Avanza was designed to carry up to 7 people and/or stuff. The J having a 1.3 liter engine has a "short transmission" At 3,000 RPM 5'th gear, the speed is only 80Kph. Sa ibang 1.3 liter cars, nasa 100 Kph na ang takbo para economical. IMHO, nakadesign ang 1.3 Avanza na malakas ang torque sa gulong para di mahirapan magdala ng load. Designed to carry, not for speed . This is not abuse for me.

Sa 1.5 na Avanza, at 5'th grear, 3000 RPM, nasa 100 Kph na ang speed.

BTW, coil springs ang gamit ng Avanza sa suspension sa likod. Not leaf springs. FR layout.

Fastest na naitakbo ko is 140Kph sa NLEX, at almost 5,000 rpm, kaso saglit lang, mga about 2 mins. Takot kasi na mahuli ng over speeding. 5 adults, 2 toddlers and plenty of luggage good for 5 days na out of town trip. No roof rack/rail.

Di ko pa nadala sa Baguio. Sa Tagaytay lang, sa trip na ito, ang sakay ay 6 adults and 2 toddlers, no luggages. no problem naman.
    Last edited by meledson; January 25th, 2008 at 05:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    between the two, i'd go for the Suzuki APV for the following reasons:

-comfortable 8 seater
    -Uncannilly spacious
    -value for money
    -engine from old vitara is tried and tested
    -image better than a avanza taxi
    -choice of transport service by Discovery Shores in BORACAY.

but if you want a proven brand - go for the TOYOTA.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuper Man View Post
    Pag medyo malalaki kayong pamilya (mabigat, matatangkad at more than 5), the APV would be better than the Avanza. Dyahe lang yung walang rear aircon yung APV sa mga GA at GL model ng APV. I think fuel consumption will drive some people off from choosing an APV (hell, I almost looked away); but in the end, I chose comfort for my family kaya APV pinili ko.
    sir tsuper man, it's been awhile since you posted what i quoted above, so i believe nag-stabilize na ang fuel consumption ng apv mo. how is it? and how is the car, too? tia

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    the advantages of the apv are exclusivity(not being used as taxis), relatively large interior space, and slightly better interior trims. advantages of the avanza are TOYOTA reliability, safety( the avanza rides behind the front wheels making it possible to have ample crumple zones to prevent loss of limbs and life, new VVTi engine (same displacement as the vios but not the same engine, the 1.5 liter outperforms the suzukis aging 1.6 liter engine), high resale value. YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH A TOYOTA!!! AVANZA IS MY CHOICE

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Suzuki is my choice.

More passenger room and luggage space. Power is adequate but not enough which is ok by my standards. Nothing beats more room even if you have only two kids and a yaya to tote around.

Sa Avanza passenger quantity lang pero quality wala kasi masikip and no luggage space whatsoever inside when all seats are up. Although as others have said the power to weight ratio is thumbs up.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post
    the advantages of the apv are exclusivity(not being used as taxis), relatively large interior space, and slightly better interior trims. advantages of the avanza are TOYOTA reliability, safety( the avanza rides behind the front wheels making it possible to have ample crumple zones to prevent loss of limbs and life, new VVTi engine (same displacement as the vios but not the same engine, the 1.5 liter outperforms the suzukis aging 1.6 liter engine), high resale value. YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH A TOYOTA!!! AVANZA IS MY CHOICE

i think being a taxi shows how relaible a car is. I think Avanza being a taxi makes it an advantage. Masyado lang talaga elitisa ang thinking natin.
    Ayaw lang natin siguro marelate sa public transport dahil karamihan sa atin ang tingin sa may tsikot mayaman. hgehehehehe

We already owned two suzukis and they are very relaible and tough. Its just maybe the traditional thinking is that TOYOTA and Honda are the only reliable brand in the world. At least thats how many of us people think.

All you need is an open mind and thoruogh research. you will know how suzuki are very reasonably price car compared to the two brands

Toyota and honda dealership service are the Worst! Maganda lang tingnan pero walang substance. Compared to suzuki by the way.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    I doubt this since its of of the new engine or new generation engine.

I guess with now the growing population of Avanza in SE Asia growing faster than our economy. I think parts will not be a problem. Am talking about Replacement part.

Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV