New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    apv parin. proven engine over avanza's which comes from vios. baka gusto nyo ng drag ha? joke it's just the mindset of the people here sa pilipinas that makes the difference between the two brands. ako kasi i prefer for something outside the ordinary so i choose a suzuki.

anyway let's keep this thread open to other comments

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The 1.3 vios uses 2NZ-FE engine. The avanza uses the K3-VE. Different engines but both are VVTi 16 valve DOHC.

BTW, the Toyota Avanza is a rebadged Daihatsu Xenia. I am not sure, but I think the xenia has been around for more than 5 years in Indonesia. I think the K3-VE is actually an old engine. The 1.3 vios I think has the newer engine comapred to the Xenia.

The K3-VE as an after market bolt on turbo kit to convert it to K3-VET.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1NZ-FE Engine the best enine i have ever use!!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After months of looking for the right people mover to suit our needs. We have finally decided to purchase a SUZUKI APV GLX

Here's why
    In order

Very very Spacious
    8 seater
    Manual Transmission
    Only 705,000 (nakadiscount kami by asking quotes from different dealership)
    20,000km free Periodic Maintenance Service
    Appearance (Well to my Wife she says it looks good)
    Sitting position is high. (Yup for my mon it's a buying factor!)
    Good aftersale service (warranty claims etc.) and Good Sale Service Its our third Suzuki.
    G16 Engine. Other see it as an old Engine, I see a proven engine hehehehe
    Besides good experience kami nuon sa Engine ng Vitara.
    No ABS (Not a big fan of this)

and Here's the list of other cars we strongly considered

Innova G or E. VVTi. Although within price range I still dont think its the best value for our money. Plus ever since Toyota have targeted to be number one in the world I notice so many complaints with their brand new vehicles. Also had a lot of bad experience with their service dealership (2000 to 2005) not to mention the snob attitude of sales agent of Toyotya Pasong tamo. Ganon talaga siguro pag nag number 1 ang company and consumer nakakalimutan hehehehe

Nissan Grand Livina. Elite ba yung Manual transmission? The culprit why we delayed our purchase hehehehe Rumors of this car will be doing some 16 to what km per liter made us wait. Good thing Livina owners here at tsikot are generous enough to give accurate REAL WORLD fuel consumption. (Thanks Livina Owners, much respect!)
    At P848,000 it doesnt even have a foglight! The six speed didnt really matter. And like what the say: DRIVES LIKE A SEDAN YOU'LL FORGET IT'S AN MPV. The thing is, we dont want a sedan!

Toyota Avanza G.
    Space our number one consideration. Avanza Just doesnt have it.

Others on our list was:

Mitsubishi Fusion (Worst Fuel Consumption)
    Toyota Fortuner VVTi (Out of budget)
    Mitsubishi Strada GLX 4x2 (Tempting, but we need more than 5 ass hauler)
    Toyota Corolla (what can I say, It's a Corolla!)
    2nd Hand APV Type 1 (No 2nd Aircon for Manual transmission)
    Ferarri F350 (Wala daw stock magaantay pa)
    Porsche 911 (Walang Pink with green stripe)

After Few days of use:

Surprisingly am doing 8 to 11km per liter. The eleven was achieve when we did a tagatay run with slow trucks blocking our way on the climb.
    8 when stuck in traffic or if just waiting for someone inside the car. (Not very friendly to the environment, I know!) This is a manual transmission with 35 psi on all tyres

The space is really something! the legroom is not just a leg room but you can literally lie(Spell?) down on the floor!!

Theres not much to expect in Handling & cornering. So i really have nothing to say hehehehe

Audio Quality is good. Comes with Six Speakers. Although they should have not included a cassette deck. Kinda old, and who uses cassette anyway? Even senior Citizen doesnt use Cassette anymore!

The Beige interior is nice, coming from vehicles with black and gray dashboard, i think this one is a welcome change to the common black and silver. Except the carbon fiber effect on the middle of the dashboard, does that make me want to feel am driving a formula 1 car? hehehehehe

Ride comfort is good, absorbs the bumps really well. Tire pressure at 35 psi

Generally We Feel that we made the right decision, everybody is happy and all, but still like any other vehicle purchase We are keeping our fingers cross and hoping walang maging major problem. Considering pa that this Suzuki is More Indonesian than Japanese

Will try to update this haggang sa makuha plaka to give ideas on people who is in the same dilema

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pic pala

Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; September 18th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    After months of looking for the right people mover to suit our needs. We have finally decided to purchase a SUZUKI APV GLX

Here's why
    In order

Very very Spacious
    8 seater
    Manual Transmission
    Only 705,000 (nakadiscount kami by asking quotes from different dealership)
    20,000km free Periodic Maintenance Service
    Appearance (Well to my Wife she says it looks good)
    Sitting position is high. (Yup for my mon it's a buying factor!)
    Good aftersale service (warranty claims etc.) and Good Sale Service Its our third Suzuki.
    G16 Engine. Other see it as an old Engine, I see a proven engine hehehehe
    Besides good experience kami nuon sa Engine ng Vitara.
    No ABS (Not a big fan of this)

and Here's the list of other cars we strongly considered

Innova G or E. VVTi. Although within price range I still dont think its the best value for our money. Plus ever since Toyota have targeted to be number one in the world I notice so many complaints with their brand new vehicles. Also had a lot of bad experience with their service dealership (2000 to 2005) not to mention the snob attitude of sales agent of Toyotya Pasong tamo. Ganon talaga siguro pag nag number 1 ang company and consumer nakakalimutan hehehehe

Nissan Grand Livina. Elite ba yung Manual transmission? The culprit why we delayed our purchase hehehehe Rumors of this car will be doing some 16 to what km per liter made us wait. Good thing Livina owners here at tsikot are generous enough to give accurate REAL WORLD fuel consumption. (Thanks Livina Owners, much respect!)
    At P848,000 it doesnt even have a foglight! The six speed didnt really matter. And like what the say: DRIVES LIKE A SEDAN YOU'LL FORGET IT'S AN MPV. The thing is, we dont want a sedan!

Toyota Avanza G.
    Space our number one consideration. Avanza Just doesnt have it.

Others on our list was:

Mitsubishi Fusion (Worst Fuel Consumption)
    Toyota Fortuner VVTi (Out of budget)
    Mitsubishi Strada GLX 4x2 (Tempting, but we need more than 5 ass hauler)
    Toyota Corolla (what can I say, It's a Corolla!)
    2nd Hand APV Type 1 (No 2nd Aircon for Manual transmission)
    Ferarri F350 (Wala daw stock magaantay pa)
    Porsche 911 (Walang Pink with green stripe)

After Few days of use:

Surprisingly am doing 8 to 11km per liter. The eleven was achieve when we did a tagatay run with slow trucks blocking our way on the climb.
    8 when stuck in traffic or if just waiting for someone inside the car. (Not very friendly to the environment, I know!) This is a manual transmission with 35 psi on all tyres

The space is really something! the legroom is not just a leg room but you can literally lie(Spell?) down on the floor!!

Theres not much to expect in Handling & cornering. So i really have nothing to say hehehehe

Audio Quality is good. Comes with Six Speakers. Although they should have not included a cassette deck. Kinda old, and who uses cassette anyway? Even senior Citizen doesnt use Cassette anymore!

The Beige interior is nice, coming from vehicles with black and gray dashboard, i think this one is a welcome change to the common black and silver. Except the carbon fiber effect on the middle of the dashboard, does that make me want to feel am driving a formula 1 car? hehehehehe

Ride comfort is good, absorbs the bumps really well. Tire pressure at 35 psi

Generally We Feel that we made the right decision, everybody is happy and all, but still like any other vehicle purchase We are keeping our fingers cross and hoping walang maging major problem. Considering pa that this Suzuki is More Indonesian than Japanese

Will try to update this haggang sa makuha plaka to give ideas on people who is in the same dilema
    Nice one Mr. APV,.....from Mr. ______, hehehe....

Between APV and Avanza, I prefer APV, just my opinion.

SHARING IS CARING.....

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi guys, i've been thinking of what car to get. I really like the susuki apv as a family car but the negative feedback on its fuel consumption is making me think twice. The avanza, on the other hand, can only seat 7 but is more popular and more fuel efficient.

Do you guys have anything to say?

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Hi guys, i've been thinking of what car to get. I really like the susuki apv as a family car but the negative feedback on its fuel consumption is making me think twice. The avanza, on the other hand, can only seat 7 but is more popular and more fuel efficient.

Do you guys have anything to say?

Thanks.
    How many people do you need to be seated inside the vehicles?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yup, ilan ba ang total passengers mo?

More than 8? I'll get the Suzuki APV.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How many people do you need to be seated inside the vehicles?
    well normally 5 (me, wife, father and mother in law plus child). But during occassions when i have to pickup my mom, my youngest and my sister's family (3) plus me and my wife and kid, around 7-8.

Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV