New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    Both are really cool JDM soon to be classics. But as a newly converted tune head myself by pinoy tuners back in in cali its the A31 for me. Actually one of the cars me and my friends here want for a project car, but then I learned that one of my relatives has this locally bought S14.. still begging him to sell me the car (matic nga lang kainis, have to convert it pa).
    What is the S14, is this a Nissan Silvia?

its the sylvia....

but for me, much meaner if you put a RB26DETT and mate it on your RWD--> all 250+HP on rear wheels!

just scour all surplus shops and katayan for parts... alam ko skyline r32 parts fit on that...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    both cars are good. they can both be sporty and luxurious.

trips ko yun (VIP) bippu style A31 cefiro.
    ganto po yung bippu style -> http://www.fabulous.co.jp/

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Galant.

try to convert it to AWD. hehe

might get you to drifting too (make sure its rear bias AWD though) hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcnestormn View Post
    This thread gets me excited. I own an A31 Cefiro in near original condition. Where can I get spare parts to improve the suspension, and the engine mentioned here i.e. the RB 26 or etc?
    For the RB engine whether RB25DET or RB26DETT, it's hard to find one.. good ones. But I heard some surplus shops in Banawe and Evangelista had once before, a whopping 250k plus as a price tag. But most local RBs here are bought outside the country its a rare engine most tuners want, esp. the RB26 from a GTR. On the suspension side, if you are really decided on tuning it I suggest coil overs many popular brands like Tein, Greddy, JIC, Tanabe, etc. Coilovers are used for track or drift depending on the specs, you can find them on many performance shops especially Tein since it has a local distributor. Also remember that I think the so called "it" car in the tuner scene- the S13 Silvia/240SX shares the same suspension with your A31. ;)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    What is the S14, is this a Nissan Silvia?
    Yep dude it is a Silvia.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    its the sylvia....

but for me, much meaner if you put a RB26DETT and mate it on your RWD--> all 250+HP on rear wheels!

just scour all surplus shops and katayan for parts... alam ko skyline r32 parts fit on that...
    Actually guys when I was still in Cali, I knew then that there was this Japanese law that prohibits their cars to exceed 276hp out of the factory, so all their big boyz are de-tuned, but that all changed when performance shops and tuners there testified (and is no secret there) that actual dyno testing of good unmodified RB26DETT produces around 330hp! They have shown me dyno charts to back it up.
    And guys all this talk about the RB26 reminds me about the 1967 mustang fast back w/ the GTRs RB26 power plant in it. Nasty combi of the American Muscle and Japanses Import. This caused quite a controvery among domestic lovers and import lovers in the states. Here's an article I've read.
    "..Domestic guys are pissed because this very clean and very classic 'Stang has been outfitted with a treasure trove of Japanese tuning parts. We're not just talking about a GReddy sticker here or an ARC intercooler there, we're talking about the fact that the people at Universal (the movie company behind the film) yanked out the pony car's beloved American powerplant and shoehorned a Japanese engine under the hood.
    Import guys are pissed because the Japanese engine in question is the RB26DETT, also known as the engine found in the holy grail of all Japanese performance cars, the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Import guys feel that this engine is the pinnacle of uber high-tech Japanese engineering, and to throw it in a 40-year-old ill-handling relic is nothing short of sacrilege."

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    Actually guys when I was still in Cali, I knew then that there was this Japanese law that prohibits their cars to exceed 276hp out of the factory, so all their big boyz are de-tuned, but that all changed when performance shops and tuners there testified (and is no secret there) that actual dyno testing of good unmodified RB26DETT produces around 325hp! They have shown me dyno charts to back it up.
    And guys all this talk about the RB26 reminds me about the 1967 mustang fast back w/ the GTRs RB26 power plant in it. Nasty combi of the American Muscle and Japanses Import. This caused quite a controvery among domestic lovers and import lovers in the states. Here's an article I've read.
    "..Domestic guys are pissed because this very clean and very classic 'Stang has been outfitted with a treasure trove of Japanese tuning parts. We're not just talking about a GReddy sticker here or an ARC intercooler there, we're talking about the fact that the people at Universal (the movie company behind the film) yanked out the pony car's beloved American powerplant and shoehorned a Japanese engine under the hood.
    Import guys are pissed because the Japanese engine in question is the RB26DETT, also known as the engine found in the holy grail of all Japanese performance cars, the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Import guys feel that this engine is the pinnacle of uber high-tech Japanese engineering, and to throw it in a 40-year-old ill-handling relic is nothing short of sacrilege."
    Is think this is the stang your talking about..

tokyo-drift yan a!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What is the S14?
    did you watch Initial D las night?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    S14

pre-facelifted

facelifted
    Last edited by basti08; September 6th, 2007 at 01:18 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sweeter Project Car - A31 Cefiro of Galant GTi?