New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Seems tops sa inyong 2 ang performance. Pero the buyer seems to have a broader requirement in the purchase kasi may nabanggit siyang resale value. Ang payo ko, i-rank niya ang priorities niya kasi hindi naman klaro ... para mas maganda ang makuha niyang feedback.

Wala naman kasi siyang mabibili na #1 sa lahat ng priorities niya kaya dapat banggitin man lang niya ang order of preference.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Seems tops sa inyong 2 ang performance. Pero the buyer seems to have a broader requirement in the purchase kasi may nabanggit siyang resale value. Ang payo ko, i-rank niya ang priorities niya kasi hindi naman klaro ... para mas maganda ang makuha niyang feedback.
    Good idea.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hmm...I guess what I really like is something practical (4 doors, a/t, decent gas consumption, not too expensive) yet fun at the same time.

New Civic is probably the most practical but its just the thought of getting one is unexciting for me. Also, I noticed that its leather seats were especially uncomfortable although I admit, interior quality is very good compared to current Corolla (should change with new one).

The Subaru is nice cuz of 4WD and a hatch (easy to put stuff) but since I haven't seen the actual unit, I wonder if it will be comfortable and have bigger rear leg room than before (since I will ask my driver to bring me around sometimes).

Anyways, I will probably make the decision early next year and the new Corolla and Lancer should be interesting to watch as well...

But if you have any personal experiences with the new Impreza, hope you can share some of them.

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In my point of view, try mu e test drive lahat. That's what I did. Among the 3 choices, walang makakatalo sa Impreza 2.0R Sport a/t. Riding comfort is there. Hatak malakas. CLimate control. All wheel Drive. Controls for radio nasa steering wheel na. 10 speaker system pa. Price is P1.140M. I have a new Camry and will be getting the Impreza 2.0R Sport soon, mainly because the ride and comfort is still the same as the Camry. Problem with the Camry its too hot on the streets and I can't use it when I need to go out and do surgery in the evening or early morning. Out of stock na Impreza so Decmber last week darating shipment from japan. The big difference pa its CBU Japan. Quality Control in Japan is far better than the ones in thailand and indonesia were the 2 previus models were mentioned. This is my first subaru. If you plan to sell it after 3 years then don't get the subaru pero kung mga 6 to 8 years mu e use then sulit na.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gensi311 View Post
    I have a new Camry and will be getting the Impreza 2.0R Sport soon, mainly because the ride and comfort is still the same as the Camry.
    Talga ha? Wah, I should test drive one soon.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... sorry for the speed-related OT... it's just that thoughts of the new Subaru going up against the TDCi have me fantasizing about finding the perfect testing venue.

Just talked to one well-known 4x4 fanatic, and he was sold on the Focus TDCi before seeing the Impreza 2.0 AT. He's sold on it, and he's also waiting on stocks.

The only real issue with the new Impreza is that the rear seat space, while bigger than the old Impreza, is still not close to the class leaders... and the plastic quality is also of question... but, hey... you're paying for that terrific suspension and AWD, so it evens out. The one sore point is that it's just a 4-speed AT, but if you're buying this for commuting, that won't matter much.

One note: actually, one car people overlook in this segment is the Mazda 2.0R (which I already mentioned). It's bound to be a bit quicker than an Impreza 2.0 AT, and ride comfort (personally) is pretty good (try to get a test-drive of a new 2.0 unit to confirm). It looks good and the interior feels pretty special... I love the seats.

Resale value is decent, but not spectacular... but that goes for all 2 liter cars. Even top-of-the-line Civic 2.0s don't hold their value as well as Civic 1.6s and 1.8s.
    Last edited by niky; November 28th, 2007 at 05:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In my point of view, try mu e test drive lahat. That's what I did. Among the 3 choices, walang makakatalo sa Impreza 2.0R Sport a/t. Riding comfort is there. Hatak malakas. CLimate control. All wheel Drive. Controls for radio nasa steering wheel na. 10 speaker system pa. Price is P1.140M. I have a new Camry and will be getting the Impreza 2.0R Sport soon, mainly because the ride and comfort is still the same as the Camry. Problem with the Camry its too hot on the streets and I can't use it when I need to go out and do surgery in the evening or early morning. Out of stock na Impreza so Decmber last week darating shipment from japan. The big difference pa its CBU Japan. Quality Control in Japan is far better than the ones in thailand and indonesia were the 2 previus models were mentioned. This is my first subaru. If you plan to sell it after 3 years then don't get the subaru pero kung mga 6 to 8 years mu e use then sulit na.
    Hi dude! nice to see you here.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    Hi dude! nice to see you here.
    Nice to see you too.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hehe... sorry for the speed-related OT... it's just that thoughts of the new Subaru going up against the TDCi have me fantasizing about finding the perfect testing venue.

Just talked to one well-known 4x4 fanatic, and he was sold on the Focus TDCi before seeing the Impreza 2.0 AT. He's sold on it, and he's also waiting on stocks.

The only real issue with the new Impreza is that the rear seat space, while bigger than the old Impreza, is still not close to the class leaders... and the plastic quality is also of question... but, hey... you're paying for that terrific suspension and AWD, so it evens out. The one sore point is that it's just a 4-speed AT, but if you're buying this for commuting, that won't matter much.

One note: actually, one car people overlook in this segment is the Mazda 2.0R (which I already mentioned). It's bound to be a bit quicker than an Impreza 2.0 AT, and ride comfort (personally) is pretty good (try to get a test-drive of a new 2.0 unit to confirm). It looks good and the interior feels pretty special... I love the seats.

Resale value is decent, but not spectacular... but that goes for all 2 liter cars. Even top-of-the-line Civic 2.0s don't hold their value as well as Civic 1.6s and 1.8s.
    I did had a test drive with Mazda 2.0. Ganda rin ng ride and lakas din humatak. But the FWD doesn't feel as stable as the AWD. I couldn't feel any bumps on the road nor sway of the car with the Impreza.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I did had a test drive with Mazda 2.0. Ganda rin ng ride and lakas din humatak. But the FWD doesn't feel as stable as the AWD. I couldn't feel any bumps on the road nor sway of the car with the Impreza.
    Go for the Impretza dude, tapos Fun Run to Tanay na, ikaw first member na naka new gen.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subaru Impreza (New) or Honda Civic 2.0 or Toyota Altis (Upcoming)