New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm considering a new car soon for office transport with a budget of around 1M and has to have A/T. Since I will have a driver sometimes, rear legroom and ride comfort has to be good enough.

I'm curious especially about the new Impreza because I like hatches and the price is tempting. But from experience in Subaru cars (as a passenger only), WRX turbo had a very uncomfortable ride and the Outback, while it was a big car actually had very tight space inside (but interior quality is so nice, much better than WRX).

For those who have seen one already, how do you find its interior space? Compared to the current Civic or Altis, which has the biggest interior?

For the guys planning to buy a new car soon,, which model would you go for? The Impreza, Civic 2.0, or wait and see for the new Altis (although there's alot of info already on the net)?

How's Subaru resale usually? Is it similar with most brands (aside from Toyota & Honda) or better?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ryan; November 24th, 2007 at 12:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ganda yung bagong Impreza.....Pero iisa pa lang casa ng motorimage
    eh.....Kung tatlo na casa nila dito sa metro manila eh pwede na.....

Mura lang resalve value ng subaru.....

So mag CIVIC ka na lang....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new Impreza is supposedly softer than the outgoing model... besides, the base model is always tuned softer than the turbo.

Space is bigger, but still not the best... more like the Mazda3 or Focus than the Civic. Still haven't done a test drive, but I don't doubt it will be good... probably ride as well as or better than a Focus.

Personally, amongst the 1 million peso 2.0 ATs, the Mazda3 2.0R is still the best bet. The added weight of AWD will make the Subie slower and less fuel efficient.

The Civic 2.0, with the paddle shifters has the best engine-transmission combo (and it's a great engine, to boot)... but I prefer the handling balance and the looks of the Mazda3 more.

The next Toyota Corolla? While I don't doubt the base model will be a great car, if you're looking at 1m sedans, you want something with a little class and a little "zing"... Corollas are good cars, but they're not that fun to drive, and the new one, while looking good, doesn't promise to be very exciting.

Personally... Focus TDCi... too bad there's no AT... The Focus 2.0 Sport gas is a good car, though... it doesn't have the outside jewelry of the Mazda3 2.0R, but it has a sunroof and rear A.C.... both of which more than make up for the smaller legroom versus the Civic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    AFAIK, 1.7 ang pinakamurang WRX -- yung lumang model pa yun with sunroof. Pero palagay ko sa performance at pogi points, mahirap talunin ito. Mababa resale pero OK naman reliability -- it's up there with the civic when I did my research.

Kung itong 3 lang pagpipilian, I'd go for the Civic (kung out of budget ang WRX -- if I had the dough at kung binata pa ako, definitely WRX though). Pero I'd suggest mag test ka din nung focus -- lalo yung diesel dahil maganda din daw ang performance.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Check that last. May 1M 2.0 impreza na pala! Woohoo! At AWD pa!

While the differential might slow it down some, I'm sure madaming puwedeng gawin dito para makaiwan sa Civic. hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, here's the thing:

Impreza 2.0: spend about 150,000 pesos more on bolt-ons (turbo, manifold, engine management), and you've got something about as quick as a stock WRX.

Focus TDCi 2.0: spend about 30,000 - 50,000 pesos more (engine management only), and you've got something nearly as quick as a stock WRX, but which uses much less fuel... ...and if you spend the 100,000 pesos left over versus the Impreza turbo kit on brakes, suspension and tires, it'll corner quicker than the Impreza, to boot.

Esep Esep... I dearly need to find sponsorship for a 2008 car purchase... :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ok, thanks sa feedback! No rush pa naman ako but napaisip ako sa Impreza cuz of price and well speced pa sya. I wonder lang if magiging ok ren demand for future resale.

About Civic, I know its the most logical choice but di me na-e-excite just thinking of it palang since my sister has one and the seats were not comfy for me (tigas ng foam). Corolla, from pics parang pwede na, not exciting as well, but more logical than Subaru.

Siguro I should visit their showroom one of these days.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    for me, id get the base impreza since it has stock hids na and 17" rims plus u never know when ull need 4wd. being unique is also a huge plus for me. 2nd choice would be the M/T diesel focus. 3rd would be the mazda 3 2.0R

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm considering a new car soon for office transport with a budget of around 1M and has to have A/T. Since I will have a driver sometimes, rear legroom and ride comfort has to be good enough.

I'm curious especially about the new Impreza because I like hatches and the price is tempting. But from experience in Subaru cars (as a passenger only), WRX turbo had a very uncomfortable ride and the Outback, while it was a big car actually had very tight space inside (but interior quality is so nice, much better than WRX).

For those who have seen one already, how do you find its interior space? Compared to the current Civic or Altis, which has the biggest interior?

For the guys planning to buy a new car soon,, which model would you go for? The Impreza, Civic 2.0, or wait and see for the new Altis (although there's alot of info already on the net)?

How's Subaru resale usually? Is it similar with most brands (aside from Toyota & Honda) or better?

Thanks!
    at P1.73 M, nobody buy a WRX for comfort and interior quality, but for the big P, Performance......same thing for the the STI/Evo.

why not look at the Focus TCDI?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AT daw gusto, eh... ;)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Subaru Impreza (New) or Honda Civic 2.0 or Toyota Altis (Upcoming)