New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well, here's the thing:

Impreza 2.0: spend about 150,000 pesos more on bolt-ons (turbo, manifold, engine management), and you've got something about as quick as a stock WRX.

Focus TDCi 2.0: spend about 30,000 - 50,000 pesos more (engine management only), and you've got something nearly as quick as a stock WRX, but which uses much less fuel... ...and if you spend the 100,000 pesos left over versus the Impreza turbo kit on brakes, suspension and tires, it'll corner quicker than the Impreza, to boot. Esep Esep... I dearly need to find sponsorship for a 2008 car purchase... :hysterical:

hey Niky, are you sure about that? how and what kind of engine management since its a diesel?what do you think would be the fastest at 0-100kph?
    WRX hits 5.5, but at a good day i can get a 5.0(stock). a heard in the US, slip clutch launch will get you 4.5 - 4.8secs.

that Focus ( was planning to modify if ever) was the 3rd on my list then after the WRX and STI/Evo.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    0-100km/h for the M/T 2.0R Sport is 9.6sec... its not that quick, but good enough as long as you don't plan to drag race on the streets. For those who don't like to shift manually, the A/T model takes around 11 sec to hit 100km/h.
    If you want to be different, the Impreza 2.0R Sport would be an interesting alternative.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    0-100km/h for the M/T 2.0R Sport is 9.6sec... its not that quick, but good enough as long as you don't plan to drag race on the streets. For those who don't like to shift manually, the A/T model takes around 11 sec to hit 100km/h.
    If you want to be different, the Impreza 2.0R Sport would be an interesting alternative.
    9.6sec is not bad for an AWD NA car, even close to a 2.0 civic and focus tdci.i was expecting around 11 for mt and 13ish for at.

sorry, a/t nga pala hanap ng TS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    actually it's not bad at all, considering the power to weight ratio advantage for the ff group and it's an awd. maybe the torque of the engine or the lower gear setting must have compensated for its acceleration. any other theories you have in mind?
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The stock TDCi is about 8.6 - 8.7 seconds to 100 km/h, with crappy stock tires. That's about 8.2 - 8.4 seconds to 60 mph.

I figure if you can eliminate the boost cut at 4000 rpm with a reflash, then you can extend time in gear, get it down to about 7.8 - 8 flat (which would be mid-7's to 60)... that's with a stock tune. You lose 0.1 to 0.2 seconds because of the shifts, and a lot of time in first gear because by the time the tires hook up, you're past the boost cut and up at redline.

Tune it to 190 hp, get some good tires, I think 7 flat is possible... which should be enough to come close to a stock new Impreza... as long as the Impreza driver doesn't do a drivetrain-cracking high-rpm clutch-drop...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The stock TDCi is about 8.6 - 8.7 seconds to 100 km/h, with crappy stock tires. That's about 8.2 - 8.4 seconds to 60 mph.

I figure if you can eliminate the boost cut at 4000 rpm with a reflash, then you can extend time in gear, get it down to about 7.8 - 8 flat (which would be mid-7's to 60)... that's with a stock tune. You lose 0.1 to 0.2 seconds because of the shifts, and a lot of time in first gear because by the time the tires hook up, you're past the boost cut and up at redline.

Tune it to 190 hp, get some good tires, I think 7 flat is possible... which should be enough to come close to a stock new Impreza... as long as the Impreza driver doesn't do a drivetrain-cracking high-rpm clutch-drop...
    Wow, ganda. If only I didnt need to get a family MPV first. Or, what if they made it like a 7 seater hatchback....2.0 power, not bad

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

ahaaaaa....can we extend the boost beyond 4k rpm? isn't it the diesel engines have higher compression ratio than petrol engines?di kaya sumabog?

sometimes i'm tempted to clutch drop, hehe.

sorry OT

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (Hehehe... OT nga talaga...). There should be little danger, as long as there's enough fueling. Just the fact that it revs to 4500 means it can probably take a little more boost or fuel at that point.

Of course, since this is a new model, it's hard finding concrete tuning data regarding it, but other people have tuned CRDis for about 100 hp per liter, so it's possible with good tuning and the right set-up.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    (Hehehe... OT nga talaga...). There should be little danger, as long as there's enough fueling. Just the fact that it revs to 4500 means it can probably take a little more boost or fuel at that point.

Of course, since this is a new model, it's hard finding concrete tuning data regarding it, but other people have tuned CRDis for about 100 hp per liter, so it's possible with good tuning and the right set-up.
    Thanks, i was just playing with that idea (tuning a focus tdci) before, but nowhere to get clear answers.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, it's hard finding them for this car. Some chip-makers are of the opinion that it's too difficult to tune, but there are people already getting 160 from simple tunes. I'm pretty sure more is on tap with some additional sorting. ;) (OT off...)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Subaru Impreza (New) or Honda Civic 2.0 or Toyota Altis (Upcoming)