New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll go for CX-7 because of its nice styling in and out.

But if you have a "speed racer" blood, go for the forester turbo. Vruuum Vruummm!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post

the styling of the front in these pictures look better than the local one imho

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I was leaning for a family type of vehicle but inside of me wanted speed. Checked different dealers and ended on a Subaru Dealer, I was drooling * the STI pero had to think twice considering the insurance. They had one XT left and did a little research that the engine thats under the hood was a WRX. Cool.... went to youtube and I was sold w/ the capability and performance. AWD-symmetrical drive, i.e. I've taken it off-road, not scared getting stuck on the dirt or sand. Perfect on red lights 0 to 60, or getting in on a merging lane. Raced the vehicle several times and its awesome, had to slow down after getting chased by local cops, luckily crossed the line, out from their jurisdiction. Anyways, got a Dark Gray version, got mistaken and complimented as a BMW X3(not just once). Maintenance is minimal. I got a standard XT instead of premium package cuz I intend to build my sound system w/ my own components. Love the car, friends hate me cuz I drive like a NY taxi driver. Plus SF-XT parts are made in Japan while M-CX7 are tied up w/ Ford company. Check wikipedia.... w/ company history. Statistics shows that most people who bought the forester were smart and professional. J/K - Fin
    Last edited by sdnyxrs; May 8th, 2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Needed a closeout statement. LOLS

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    there is a comparison of the CX-7 vs SF XT at http://www.motioncars.com/

overall rating is .............. a tie. both vehicles scored a 9.0

but, i was pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy of the 7 based on the actual motioncars road test
    Last edited by 111prez; May 11th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    both are great cars, no matter what you choose you won't regret it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    both are great cars, no matter what you choose you won't regret it.
    i agree. at the end of the day, it will all boil down to one's personal taste and preference

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    there is a comparison of the CX-7 vs SF XT at http://www.motioncars.com/

overall rating is .............. a tie. both vehicles scored a 9.0

but, i was pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy of the 7 based on the actual motioncars road test

Direct Link = Fast Family: Mazda CX-7 vs Subaru Forester XT

Note: For some reason, motioncars reviews seem to have way too optimistic fuel consumption rates. Must be all highway and no city routes.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dpo kenneth View Post
    Really....One of the member of SCP is from cebu...he has a 2009 Forester 2.0X and he added a turbo thru speedlab before he brought it to Cebu....
    hope you will find time to login on our club and get a chance to chat with him and to know more about FORESTER...imagine he purchased the forester even though wala pang CASA sa Cebu.
    How much did the upgrade cost? malaki ba difference? planning to get a 2.0x but cant shake off the underpower issue.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Huwag ng forester.. Dumadami na tayo naka FXT...

Seriously, nuong pumili ako ng kotse, baligtad naman, yung CX7 ang walng stock based sa MAZDA (yung katabi ng MI) and MI has FXT stock kaso limited ang kulay... I really wanted a SUBARU so FXT na kinuha ko..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chocoboy1977 View Post
    How much did the upgrade cost? malaki ba difference? planning to get a 2.0x but cant shake off the underpower issue.
    The 2.0X has enough power for city driving. It's not sluggish, it's just that the 2.5XT is really powerful. Just try not to test drive the 2.5XT, you might end up buying one.

Subaru Forester XT or Mazda CX-7