New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi guys newbie here.. im currently looking for a mid size SUV and would really appreciate your help here. I was about to pay my reservation for the Forester turbo when by chance I passed by the mazda dealer and they had the new cx 7, wow that car is a looker. Now i am really torn between the two.. I love the power and ride comfort of the forester but it sure looks old when compared to the CX 7 plus it has a nicer dashboard in my opinion.. What do you guys think would be a smarter buy? the forester or Cx7. The things that would be important to me would be :

1.) Looks
    2.) Ride comfort and handling
    3.) Power
    4..) resale value in 3 years

thanks guys

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by myke_ng View Post
    Hi guys newbie here.. im currently looking for a mid size SUV and would really appreciate your help here. I was about to pay my reservation for the Forester turbo when by chance I passed by the mazda dealer and they had the new cx 7, wow that car is a looker. Now i am really torn between the two.. I love the power and ride comfort of the forester but it sure looks old when compared to the CX 7 plus it has a nicer dashboard in my opinion.. What do you guys think would be a smarter buy? the forester or Cx7. The things that would be important to me would be :

1.) Looks
    2.) Ride comfort and handling
    3.) Power
    4..) resale value in 3 years

thanks guys
    1.) Looks - The CX-7 is a real head turner even compared to the Forester, nothing in its class could touch that thing in this department.

2.) Ride comfort and handling - Not so sure since I haven't rode in both. I'll just assume that both have excellent driving dynamics and comfort.

3.) Power - Forester XT with its turbo-charged engine. Now if Mazda brought in the 2.3 Turbo, things will be different. Even though, the 2.5 is no slouch.

4.) Resale value in 3 years
    - Subarus hold their ground in this segment. Mazda on the other hand doesn't have that great resale value. Let's just wait and see since the CX-7 is a nice step away from the old Mazda.
    If I were you though, I wouldn't consider this as part of your criteria.

I'd want that CX-7 in my garage right now if I were in your shoes. Nothing beats that feeling of turning heads everywhere you go.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Whew, this is tough Pareho kong gusto tong 2. If I were in your shoes toss coin ako...seriously.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    1.) Looks - The CX-7 is a real head turner even compared to the Forester, nothing in its class could touch that thing in this department.

2.) Ride comfort and handling - Not so sure since I haven't rode in both. I'll just assume that both have excellent driving dynamics and comfort.

3.) Power - Forester XT with its turbo-charged engine. Now if Mazda brought in the 2.3 Turbo, things will be different. Even though, the 2.5 is no slouch.

4.) Resale value in 3 years
    - Subarus hold their ground in this segment. Mazda on the other hand doesn't have that great resale value. Let's just wait and see since the CX-7 is a nice step away from the old Mazda.
    If I were you though, I wouldn't consider this as part of your criteria.

I'd want that CX-7 in my garage right now if I were in your shoes. Nothing beats that feeling of turning heads everywhere you go.
    thanks for your opinion.. yeah its really nice to be one of the first people to get a new model. But overall do you think the cx7 is a better car than the forester? aside from being a newer model

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Whew, this is tough Pareho kong gusto tong 2. If I were in your shoes toss coin ako...seriously.
    i might have to do that

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks for your opinion.. yeah its really nice to be one of the first people to get a new model. But overall do you think the cx7 is a better car than the forester? aside from being a newer model
    Honestly, the Forester is the better of the two for me especially since it's the 2.5 turbo with AWD. If you were comparing the CX7 to the 2.0 NA Forester, I'd go for the CX7. But you just have to admit, the looks of the CX7 alone makes you want to buy it

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Honestly, the Forester is the better of the two for me especially since it's the 2.5 turbo with AWD. If you were comparing the CX7 to the 2.0 NA Forester, I'd go for the CX7. But you just have to admit, the looks of the CX7 alone makes you want to buy it

2 months ago my wife and i went to subaru to test drive the forester 2.5 turbo..driving was excellent...no argument with that...safety features above par...styling lang talaga kulang...pero we were supposed to go for it kaya lang ang haba ng pila....having a tribute i went to mazda greenhills and asked when the cx7 is coming out...they told me if i would make a reservation i will be first on the list...since the reservation is refundable..we went for it...now we ended up with the CX7 and my wife just love driving it......perhaps it won't take long subaru forester will come up with a facelift model of it's own...Tucson ix is coming...kaya grabe dami na pagpipiliian...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwintommy View Post
    2 months ago my wife and i went to subaru to test drive the forester 2.5 turbo..driving was excellent...no argument with that...safety features above par...styling lang talaga kulang...pero we were supposed to go for it kaya lang ang haba ng pila....having a tribute i went to mazda greenhills and asked when the cx7 is coming out...they told me if i would make a reservation i will be first on the list...since the reservation is refundable..we went for it...now we ended up with the CX7 and my wife just love driving it......perhaps it won't take long subaru forester will come up with a facelift model of it's own...Tucson ix is coming...kaya grabe dami na pagpipiliian...
    thats great your enjoying it.. how does it handle compare to the forester bro? is the ride better on the cx-7?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'd personally pick the Forester XT. The CX-7 looks slicker, but I'm more concerned about performance than looks (though the CX-7 might have sharper handling, not sure as I haven't test drove one). Besides, the new Forester doesn't look half bad imo, and has a nice, quality interior. AWD, turbocharged engine ftw.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thats great your enjoying it.. how does it handle compare to the forester bro? is the ride better on the cx-7?
    IMHO Forester XT hands down in driving myke...driving the forester XT makes me feel like i want to race........while CX7 is just like what my wife says...swabe.....hehehehe..winner si kumander..kaya si cx7 ang napili...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Subaru Forester XT or Mazda CX-7