New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Alam ko kung bakit yan ang choices ni ts kasi magka lapit kasi presyo, yan din pinagpipilian ko before but the strada wins kasi di maganda review ng theta (malakas daw sa gas) yung crdi ok kaya lang layo na presyo saka yung nga pwede pang baha strada at pang karga at pang offroad 4x4 kasi

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Alam ko kung bakit yan ang choices ni ts kasi magka lapit kasi presyo, yan din pinagpipilian ko before but the strada wins kasi di maganda review ng theta (malakas daw sa gas) yung crdi ok kaya lang layo na presyo saka yung nga pwede pang baha strada at pang karga at pang offroad 4x4 kasi
    yes, aside sa almost close ang price range nila, they also offer manual tranny (w/c I prefered over cvt, matic) major difference cguro was the other is a diesel while yung isa can be gas/diese and also both has higher ground clearance compared to cars tsaka yung isa gusto ni misis yung isa naman gusto ko kaya itong dalawa pinag-pipilian namin.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges. These two have different tasks that can be done, and can be given.

Maintenance for the Strada would surely be costly compared to the Theta II Tucson, however, if we're comparing the DiD Strada to the CRDi Tucson, the cost should be at par with each other.

What makes the Tucson CRDi maintenance more expensive than your usual old-school diesel is that the engine is more refined and more modern, thus, it got picky and requires a lot of stuff. As to what are those I am not particular of since I don't own one yet. Also, I believe the Theta II Tucson can be thirsty. Starex_Gold has experienced this with his friends' Tucson, and of course, the pulling power won't be at par as compared to his ReVGT. Hence, if you're on a budget, meaning if you can save every centavo, you would, I'd suggest that you get the Strada.

One more, the Strada can roughly do some water fording while the Tucson here cannot. Well, it can, but it should not perform as good as the Strada. One is because it's not built to do such. Second, there's something that's sensitive that sits on the bumper. Not sure what is it called but I'm pretty sure it's sensitive.

Efficiency would be definitely go to the Strada. Diesels are much cheaper compared to gasoline in terms of fuel prices. And, if you're in need of a large cargo space, the Strada has this.

Don't worry about comfort, though, the Strada would be more likely reach your expectations. It has one of the finest ride quality amongst the pick-ups sold locally.
    yung strada DiD is that also a Crdi engine? or mas advanced ang Crdi engine ng tucson?

I would choose the diesel Strada over a Tucson. My lola currently owns a 2.0L gasoline-(under)powered Tucson and is not so satisfied. And the Strada also has a better throttle response than the Tucson, then it's safer to road traffic.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I would choose the diesel Strada over a Tucson. My lola currently owns a 2.0L gasoline-(under)powered Tucson and is not so satisfied. And the Strada also has a better throttle response than the Tucson, then it's safer to road traffic.
    if your gonna choose w/c one would you choose the 2.5 or 3.2 variant

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wala na ang 3.2 variant ngayon (unless they are old stocks that they have not yet gotten rid of). 178hp na VGT 4D56 nalang at ang ordinary 136hp DI-D 4D56. In case na meron pang 3.2DI-D... Depende sa priorities mo rin. On paper, the 3.2L has lesser power than the VGT 4D56 but it has a better powerband, is better at hauling (more power available at low rpms), and more performance potential than the high strung 4D56. It is also thirster due to the extra 700cc displacement and 4 speed A/T (new 4x4 variant has 5 speed A/T). If you go off road often and constantly haul a lot of stuff, the 3.2L may be a much better choice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post
    if your gonna choose w/c one would you choose the 2.5 or 3.2 variant
    I'd get the 3.2, I had an older L200 with the 87hp 4D56, and was not so good. Also, the 4D56-powered Strada is often reported to have head gaskets burned due to overheating issues...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Iba naman na yung 4D56 ngayon. CRDi na tsaka VGT equipped.

Hindi na naman siguro katulad nung old schoold 4D56 na nag-ooverheat...

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Iba naman na yung 4D56 ngayon. CRDi na tsaka VGT equipped.

Hindi na naman siguro katulad nung old schoold 4D56 na nag-ooverheat...
    :english:

So are these newer CRDi directly-injected?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    :english:

So are these newer CRDi directly-injected?
    Yes. The 4D56 in the current Strada is already direct injected (Common Rail Direct injection, in Mitsubishi's term Di-D)

Equipped with Variable Geometry Turbo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Strada 2.5L diesel o Tucson 2.0L gas